Author Topic: Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Chicago's Roscoe Village  (Read 1157 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Chicago's Roscoe Village
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:04:11 AM »
Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Chicago's Roscoe Village

Metro Jacksonville continues its tour through select neighborhoods that have been allowed to densify without suburban parking requirements. Although locally we tend to overlook the impact of having vibrant urban core neighborhoods outside of downtown, today we highlight a Chicago neighborhood that is becoming increasingly popular: Roscoe Village.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-may-revitalizing-neighborhoods-chicagos-roscoe-village

gedo3

Re: Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Chicago's Roscoe Village
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:35 AM »
Coming from Chicago, I do know that the public transportation there is years ahead of Jacksonville's.  Thus parking isn't as much of a problem when much of the population doesn't own cars--as compared to so many drivers here.  However, even without added parking here, one has hope that areas in our fair city can be updated and upgraded because we have  so much history and so many willing people here.

Purplebike

• Purplebike.com
Re: Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Chicago's Roscoe Village
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:16:47 PM »
I lived in Chicago, in Wicker Park, in the mid to late 90s. What a great city, and wonderful neighborhood. Empty Bottle, Double Door, Lava Lounge, Tumans, and many other places to see music or grab a beer. I saw PJ Harvey, the Roots, Wu Tang Clan, the Executioners, and many amazing turntablists & djs too. Good times.
"To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character" - Dale Turner

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think" - Hitler

www.PurpleBike.com