Author Topic: Urban Neighborhoods: Lake Shore  (Read 3150 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Urban Neighborhoods: Lake Shore
« on: March 07, 2008, 05:00:00 AM »
Urban Neighborhoods: Lake Shore

Lake Shore is a neighborhood that was developed during a period when Jacksonville's street system began to evolve from an urban based model into one dominated by suburban sprawl.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/730

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: Urban Neighborhoods: Lake Shore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:51 AM »
Nice Job - Good job of featureing Blackjack BBQ.  Awesome food!

jeh1980

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »
I use to live a few miles from Roosevelt Blvd. I like the area. I wonder if you folks ever show a photo tour of 103rd St. ;D

deathstar

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:43:34 AM »
THERE'S MY FRONTYARD!!!! AHHHH THATS CRAZY!

Okay, on the right hand side, its the second yard going forward. The yard with no trashcans sticking out or vehicles! Wish I'd of known when you came down our street so I could've said hello! But you caught my yard ahhh! lol

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
papi moved to lake shore...buying an awesome house on the ...oh I forget the name of that waterway...not the big one, but the smaller one.
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

James

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
steve - i concur, blackjacks bbq...good eatin!

teresangel

• flickr spot
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 12:17:19 AM »
Wasn't the seventh photo under the residential pics of the house that was floated from Downtown?

videojon

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
I drive through Lake Shore everyday (down blanding) to get downtown. I have always been curious about the history of the business district buildings. They indeed do look as if there is history there. That old fire truck that sits outside a business is pretty cool too. Would be curious to get more info about that truck.

ricker

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »
I hope we eventually see a "lane diet" for San Juan and Blanding.
These signals and those at the Wabash-Birkenhead/ RR Xing at Roosevelt Square as well as those at SanJuan and Cassat will be the last to be replaced in the area, after the west end of San Juan near Hugh Edwards and Jammes.
Park/Cassat and LSblvd@Blanding have been updated as an included element of previous local work.
The replacement of the SanJuan bridge over the Cedar River is not yet eminent_but is planned.
I cannot find solid info regarding this project. i.e. widening of the bridge to include a central turn lane versus dollar$ spent installing medians on SanJuan from Lane Ave to Hamilton etc.
This bridge replacement is years away but I would still hope to find other like-minded individuals who want answers as I do.

north miami

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »

Mrs.Grace Rogers,founder of Pier 17 Ships Store pioneered Lakeshore-her house on the water at 3030 Lakeshore Blvd. originally fronted on a dirt road.

At one time Grace and her husband owned all of the land from the current Pier 17 building on back in to the water where Saddler Point Boatyard is located today.

Grace passed away recently.

"Jacksonville Marina Mile", the region's premier marine facility complex, is anchored at Lakeshore Blvd.  www.jacksonvillemarinamile.com

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

Mrs.Grace Rogers,founder of Pier 17 Ships Store pioneered Lakeshore-her house on the water at 3030 Lakeshore Blvd. originally fronted on a dirt road.

At one time Grace and her husband owned all of the land from the current Pier 17 building on back in to the water where Saddler Point Boatyard is located today.

Grace passed away recently.

"Jacksonville Marina Mile", the region's premier marine facility complex, is anchored at Lakeshore Blvd.  www.jacksonvillemarinamile.com

Wow, my dad just told me last night about her passing.  As a kid we used to call her Dragon Lady.... I dont know why though.  We used to frequently ride our bikes up to Pier 17 to get various items before taking the boat out waterskiing almost every Summer afternoon.

ricker

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
Long live the marina mile!

ricker

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 12:44:15 AM »
June 4, 2011! THIS Saturday!
calling all volunteers!
JEA Forestry, Greenscapes of Jacksonville, Lake Shore middle school, JSO schoolresource officer, parks and recreation, LAPS initiative (www.lapsjax.org / www.lapsjax.blogspot.com) coordinated volunteer effort to launch a longterm beautification and phase 1 reforestation of the ballpark at the south end of Hamilton street at LakeShore blvd.
[across from Lamb's Yacht Center]

We are planting 30 (30gallon) trees!

Please stop by and lend a hand if at all possible and help out if able and willing to participate in giving back to the west side of our great city!

Thanks in advance!