Author Topic: Beaches Construction Update: July 2012  (Read 2687 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Beaches Construction Update: July 2012
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »
Beaches Construction Update: July 2012

Here's a look at new businesses, closings, and renovations this month in the Jacksonville - Neptune - Atlantic Beaches area.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-jul-beaches-construction-update-july-2012

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Beaches Construction Update: July 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:36 AM »
I have a Birthday coming up this month and I was thinking about spending it in Jax beach instead of St. Pete. Since I like to fish from the pier, does anyone have any ideas on good hotels they would recommend. Nice thread as usual. Thanks

copperfiend

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »
I've stayed at the Comfort Inn Oceanfront on multiple occasions and have always had a good experience.

copperfiend

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »
Chicago Pizza closed? I wonder what the story behind that is and how the other two are doing.

hightowerlover

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:05 AM »
I predict "The Beach" will close soon, who can even tell what that place is from the outside.

tufsu1

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
Chicago Pizza closed? I wonder what the story behind that is and how the other two are doing.

I think the re-theme is done and it is now open again

as for staying at the Comfort Inn, I believe it is now a Hampton
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:12:11 AM by tufsu1 »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
^"The Beach" restaurant that replaced Chicago Pizza has the same owners and as far as I can tell the same menu. They may have reworked the interior.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

RockStar

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
The old Fionn's spot is currently being completely renovated and will open as a new cocktail bar in about 2 months. The owners have approached me to be the Director of Operations which I agreed to because I'm tired of not being able to get a decent drink at the beach. (sorry, I don't drink "gatorades".) As a result, everyone at the beach will also be able to get a cocktail other than crown and ginger and won't have to listen to Sublime every 15minutes.

The cocktail menu won't be quite as labor intensive as DG's, but the staff will be classically trained by me and will have a couple of DG's fan favorites on the menu. So, finally when you order an Old Fashioned, you won't see the bartenders all huddle up around a book, then tell you they don't have bitters; a first for the beaches, indeed.

;D

~j.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
^Frickin finally.

Though the Beaches drinking scene has come a long way in the last 10 years or so. Used to be all Bud Light all the time and Corona or Crown if you wanted something "fancy". I shudder to think.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

fsquid

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »
Tequila on the rocks is all I need

RockStar

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
Tequila on the rocks is all I need

Me too. Come by DG and try the Señor Extravagante...it'll blow your mind.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
I have a Birthday coming up this month and I was thinking about spending it in Jax beach instead of St. Pete. Since I like to fish from the pier, does anyone have any ideas on good hotels they would recommend. Nice thread as usual. Thanks

The Casa Marina Hotel at Jacksonville Beach was Al Capone's favorite and the scene of a couple of his torrid affairs...