Author Topic: The Trees of Big Talbot Island  (Read 2361 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The Trees of Big Talbot Island
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »
The Trees of Big Talbot Island

There are few places in Jacksonville that are as beautiful and mysterious as the beaches and trees of Big Talbot Island. Generations of Floridians has been bewitched by the phosphorescent sands and waters of the beach and used the fine white clay of that beach for pottery and ceramics. Photographer Lisa Santoni presents a gorgeous photo essay exposing this beautiful location's trees. Join us after the jump for the breathtaking images.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-jun-the-trees-of-big-talbot-island
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:26:28 AM by stephendare »

gjosephunf

Re: Lisa Santoni: Trees of Big Talbot Island Photo Essay
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
Hello MetJax have you visited North Florida's slice of paradise? I haven't visited Big Talbot Island, but it surely looks serene and a true gem of the First Coast. It looks like one of Jacksonville's "Best kept secrets" :)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »
Thank you for the pix!
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Overstreet

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
Photoshop can do more but its critics probably never worked any majic in the dark room developer pans.

A look at the dead soldiers on the north beach and a new sprout would add  life cycle to  the trees.

Garden guy

Re: Lisa Santoianni: Trees of Big Talbot Island Photo Essay
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
 I've been visiting this spot since  i was a child.  There are so many trees that have been lost. They are trying to keep them better in the past years. I've always called it Dead Tree Beach. I was a model in my younger days and this where i did my first photo shoot...way back in 83. I had my 16th bday party there.

simms3

• Time has come
Re: Lisa Santoianni: Trees of Big Talbot Island Photo Essay
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
Wouldn't say the photos are artistic, but they do show the beauty of the island.  Have boated by dozens of times, but never stopped to explore the actual island.  Liked the top photo on the 3rd page because I feel it was starting to trend to how I remember the island canopy with the tree/salt worn "bend".
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005