Author Topic: Craig Airport - Are You Really Surprised?  (Read 1910 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Craig Airport - Are You Really Surprised?
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:00:00 AM »
Craig Airport - Are You Really Surprised?

In the past couple of weeks, Mayor John Peyton has come under a bit of fire from a group of Jacksonville residents.  Peyton in trouble by his boss (the citizens) has become commonplace. No matter where he chooses to jump, he seems to hit a landmine.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/697

second_pancake

Re: Craig Airport - Are You Really Surprised?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Downtown has, and will always, be the first to feel the effects of city government decsions, good, bad or indifferent.  The further a community is removed from the city's focus (sometimes the city having their eyes focused on a part of town is not a good thing), the less likely they are to care.  Meaning, 'if it doesn't affect me, what do I care' is the mentality.

I'm glad that this became an issue and has opened the eyes of yet another group of people in our city.  I wish it didn't have to happen at the expense of their community, but glad nontheless.
"What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially."

DemocraticNole

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
As an FSU alum, I can tell you the medical school is right on campus, not in Daytona. Not sure what you are referring to with that one.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
As an FSU alum, I can tell you the medical school is right on campus, not in Daytona. Not sure what you are referring to with that one.

He's refering to this one.

As a community-based medical school, the Florida State University College of Medicine provides third- and fourth-year clinical training at regional medical school campuses around the state through affiliations with local physicians, ambulatory care facilities and hospitals. At the Regional Medical School Campus – Daytona Beach, clerkship directors from the Volusia County area direct the students’ rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, psychiatry, geriatrics and emergency medicine. Additional community physicians serve as clerkship faculty in these and other clinical areas. The regional campus is located on the Daytona Beach Community College campus.

http://med.fsu.edu/education/Regional/daytona/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

DemocraticNole

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »

He's refering to this one.

As a community-based medical school, the Florida State University College of Medicine provides third- and fourth-year clinical training at regional medical school campuses around the state through affiliations with local physicians, ambulatory care facilities and hospitals. At the Regional Medical School Campus – Daytona Beach, clerkship directors from the Volusia County area direct the students’ rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, psychiatry, geriatrics and emergency medicine. Additional community physicians serve as clerkship faculty in these and other clinical areas. The regional campus is located on the Daytona Beach Community College campus.

http://med.fsu.edu/education/Regional/daytona/
Ok, I totally forgot about that part of it. Thank you for the clarification.

Of course it didn't come to Jax. The Gators in this town wanted no part of it :)

jandar

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »
I can clearly recall Gainesville complaining about a possible FSU Medical School in Jax.
They do the same everytime a Law School wants to open here as well.