Author Topic: A Historical Stroll Down Talleyrand Avenue  (Read 1647 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
A Historical Stroll Down Talleyrand Avenue
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:41 AM »
A Historical Stroll Down Talleyrand Avenue

While Downtown Jacksonville's wharfs boomed a century ago, this heavy maritime related industrial district also came to life during the same period of time.  While our wharfs are long gone, this district remains an urban Jacksonville economic powerhouse:  Talleyrand

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-may-a-historical-stroll-down-talleyrand-avenue

Noone

Re: A Historical Stroll Down Talleyrand Avenue
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »
I love Talleyrand. Thank you Ennis for another great history lesson of Jacksonville. Love the picture from the river looking at the Ford plant that can still be recaptured today.

billy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08:05 AM »
Good story, great research. What is the story on the vast triangular vacant parcel west of Tallyrand?

Garden guy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
My dad was a millwright  and i remember the ride south on main st all  the way down to wait in the parking lot for daddy to get off..the sounds of the whistles...seems like he worked at every one of those buildings down there...i remember the smell of petroleum and tobacco.

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
The Eppinger and Russel plant looked like a really cool old building.  Imagine if that was built and still standing somewhere closer to DT.

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
Just spent the weekend in Chicago/Milwaukee and love the look of all the old stacks and plants.  Thanks for the history lesson.
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005