Author Topic: Jax Truckies plans food truck rally downtown June 9th  (Read 11831 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Jax Truckies plans food truck rally downtown June 9th
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »
Jax Truckies plans food truck rally downtown June 9th

The Jax Truckies presented by Metrojacksonville.com is excited to announce a gourmet food truck rally to stamp out hunger to be held at Burrito Gallery Saturday June 9th from 11AM to 5PM benefitting Second Harvest Food Bank.

Food trucks from all over North Florida will be serving up unique, gourmet food to the hungry masses of Jacksonville in this first of it?s kind event.   Food trucks in Jacksonville offer a tremendous and affordable variety of hand-crafted, artisan foods.  The Jax Truckies will offer a unique opportunity to try a variety of delicious, high end foods at drive-through prices.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-may-jax-truckies-plans-food-truck-rally-downtown-june-9th

fieldafm

• Editor
Re: Jax Truckies plans food truck rally downtown June 9th
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
A lot of people angry today.

The good news is, a downtown restaurant sees the value in food trucks and agrees to host a benefit event for Second Harvest.  Talk about win-win partnerships!

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
Who is angry?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
Who could be angry about supporting small business growth and vibrancy in downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods?  Especially on privately owned property.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
I meant, everyone is focusing on bashing each other in other threads.  Thought more people would be excited about the announcement. 

cline

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
I thought you meant people were bent about the fact that the food trucks were going to be at an event downtown.  I'm looking forward to it.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
I meant, everyone is focusing on bashing each other in other threads.  Thought more people would be excited about the announcement. 

Yes, following the live blog last night, it's been a circus.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »
ah. I thought DVI or someone was upset.

CityLife

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
Great idea to partner with BG. Field, do you plan to show BG's sales on that day compared to a normal Saturday to show the viability of food trucks? I imagine their beer sales are going to be through the roof.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
I don't have any problems with DVI or anyone that wants to help downtown for that matter. 

Bold City certainly had a healthy day despite a day marked by heavy rainfall.  I'm sure Burrito Gallery and some surrounding businesses will also see the benefits... that's how this is designed. 

Invite all of your friends, young and old alike!

Just think, if 1,000 people showed up... that would mean 7,000 meals could be provided to families in need throughout North Florida.  Think about that impact for a moment....
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:23:25 AM by fieldafm »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
Awesome news, Field. Can't wait!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

dougskiles

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »
Will any of the food truckies be at the stadium for the soccer game this Saturday night?  Or close by?  I am aching to try them out.

And I hope to attend on the 9th, too!

urbaknight

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »
This is awsome! And it's a way to make fools out of those who oppose food trucks DT. Now if they still wish to be oppressive to this group of people, they're also opposing this worthy cause.

It's like that time San Fransisco tried to get rid of happy meals. McDonald's took a percentage of the cost and gave it to a children's charity.

TPC

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
Awesome, I wanted to go to the last Food Truck event but it sold out. Now I'll get a chance to try some awesome food and support a good as well.

Food trucks at the stadium for the soccer match would be sweet.

Ajax

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
Kudos to Paul Shockey and Burrito Gallery for supporting this event. 

I agree - food trucks around the stadium for the soccer game would be great.  I know some of the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale food trucks are outside Ft. Lauderdale Strikers home games.