Author Topic: Times-Union to study charging for its online content?  (Read 6026 times)

KenFSU

Re: Times-Union to study charging for its online content?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
Can't make this stuff up.

From the comments section of the below article, a Times-Union editor defending the quality of journalism in the TU while simulataneously butchering the English language.

"I'm an editor at Jacksonville.com/The Times-Union.

There will still be a lot of things for free on Jacksonville.com -- breaking news, daily stories, photo galleries, etc. The $11.50 charge is includes content on members.jacksonville.com, iPad app, and mobile apps."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-11-01/story/welcome-all-access-jacksonvillecom?cid=hp-mostcommented#ixzz2B51RT4Ln

fsquid

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
when you click on a member only article, just hit stop on your browser before that popup appears.

Bativac

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
when you click on a member only article, just hit stop on your browser before that popup appears.

Once I close the popup, it lets me read the article anyway. Is there more members-only content that I'm not seeing? Should I be wearing my dad's old Members Only jacket to take full advantage?

funwithteeth

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »

Once I close the popup, it lets me read the article anyway. Is there more members-only content that I'm not seeing?
Beefcake photos of Matt Soergel and Gary Mills.

KenFSU

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
Should I be wearing my dad's old Members Only jacket to take full advantage?

YES.

A heightened standard of conduct and attire is required when one steps beyond the velvet rope.

I imagine the Member's Only section as a darkened lounge where a few dozen of the city's elite, pipes in mouth and draped in only smoking robes, share a private snicker at the lowly non-members with Ron Littlepage and Gene Frenette.

"These leechers plead and beg, 'Matt, what did really think of teen musical comedy Pitch Perfect?'" Soergel asks, topping off a member's tumbler of scotch.

"Stop depending on government handouts to raise your kids, open your wallet, and perhaps one day you too will be able to join us in here and find out," he adds dismissively. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:32:53 PM by KenFSU »

KenFSU

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
Looks like the Times-Union has put their digital paywall back up.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »
Looks like the Times-Union has put their digital paywall back up.

Does this mean they will stop flooding my Facebook feed with stories about how bad Trump is?
Third Place

I-10east

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
I took a hiatus from FB, and it feel so good. The Jaguar FB groups is the only reason why I have a FB page. It's way too much leftist propaganda on FB; I'm sure that Zuck loves it that way.