Author Topic: 2007 Year in Review  (Read 1803 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
2007 Year in Review
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:31:53 AM »
2007 Year in Review

Metro Jacksonville takes a look back over 2007 to see where the year took us. In 2007 Jacksonville celebrated great successes and struggled with grand failures.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/680

avonjax

Re: 2007 Year in Review
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:35:58 AM »
Thanks for the recap.
Speaking of the Northbank Riverwalk. Will the repaired portion stay the way it is?
Any trees?
If so it is a horrible downgrade from the initial plan.
What's worse, is it is the ugliest part of the river front and needed some kind of landscaping to draw attention away from that terrible parking lot and the hideous court house.
If anyone has more info, let me know.
Thanks

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
Great review.  2007 definately did not go the way we wanted it to, regarding downtown development.  Hopefully, we'll learn from our mistakes and the market and move forward.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »
I agree.  We should come together and move forward with groups and people that want to move forward with us and not just for their own personal gain.
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

Lunican

• The Jaxson
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »
The Times Union year in review follows a similar theme.

It was a challenging year

By MARY KELLI PALKA, The Times-Union

Even more so than its predecessor, 2007 was a deadly year in Jacksonville. The city's homicide numbers surpassed the previous year. And an industrial explosion and a building collapse left five families without loved ones during the holidays. It also was a year for reverberating property tax changes, a leadership change for Duval County schools and a grand jury investigation into allegations of wrongdoing in City Hall.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/010108/met_230521121.shtml