Author Topic: JTA & Boyer Get It Right  (Read 4114 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
JTA & Boyer Get It Right
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:50:24 AM »
JTA & Boyer Get It Right

They say you can't beat city hall, but that's probably because they've never tried! After visiting a relative recently, at the San Jose Manor, I was asked by residents to help fix a missing trash can problem at their bus stop. What happened next is exactly how the system should work.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-nov-jta-boyer-get-it-right
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:38:59 PM by Ocklawaha »

Noone

Re: JTA & Boyer Get It Right
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:50:40 AM »
Nice work. Just curious about the contrast in the new bus shelter on Moncrief and this one.
signage, color, name of street and number on shelter.
Congratulations to councilwoman Boyer. I'm also impressed with her performance.

tufsu1

Re: JTA & Councilwoman Boyer Get It Right
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:18:17 AM »
JTA has new designs for its shelters....when installing the new ones downtown (somewhat different than sehlter design for other parts of the city), they removed some older ones and were going to put them elsewhere in town...this may be one of those.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
Great job Bob and Lori!!!!  When a logical plan is pushed through the correct channels, the city seems willing to listen to it's citizens.

duvaldude08

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 10:14:19 AM »
Have anyone seen the new ones all down Main street? They are cool as well. Look COMPLETELY different than the new ones downtown. Just small things such as this make this city look a heck of alot better!
Jaguars 2.0

duvaldude08

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 10:15:12 AM »
Nice work. Just curious about the contrast in the new bus shelter on Moncrief and this one.
signage, color, name of street and number on shelter.
Congratulations to councilwoman Boyer. I'm also impressed with her performance.

Same Here! I hope some of the other council members follow in her footsteps. She's been amazing!
Jaguars 2.0

urbaknight

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
Let's remember this during the next election and keep her as long as we can.

exnewsman

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
I think a great touch by the JTA on this was putting in the larger shelter which can accomodate more people including two wheelchairs (shelter left). It could have easily just grabbed one of its smaller shelters but went the extra mile and put in the larger one with a very large concrete pad. Also, (you can see it to the far right in the finished photo), the wooden bench was kept (for extra seating) and placed on the concrete pad. Looks like JTA took a bad situation and made it great!

I bet the folks at JTA are saving this post - JTA gets kudos from Bob Mann (Ock). Bet they never thought that day would come.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
JTA has new designs for its shelters....when installing the new ones downtown (somewhat different than shelter design for other parts of the city), they removed some older ones and were going to put them elsewhere in town...this may be one of those.

Right TU, I specifically asked that they recycle one if necessary for a rapid installation. Even so, it is one of the larger ones and it has definitely been touched up.

We have another situation down on Old St Augustine Road at a large 55+ retirement apartments/nursing facility just a quick glance doesn't look like their stops have anything more then a post and sign.

JTA really responded in a superb manner, I can't say enough good things about the way this was handled by Lori and JTA.

OCKLAWAHA

Kay

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Coucilwoman Boyer is definitely a keeper!

Dog Walker

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
Councilwoman Boyer also makes the Energizer Bunny look slothful.  She is an absolute whirlwind.
When all else fails hug the dog.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Kudos to all involved.  Just another small touchup that has surely made many people happy and increased the QOL in that area.

I do like the new shelters on San Jose in Mardarin as well.

Bike Jax

• Bike Jax
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
I had my first interaction with Coucilwoman Boyer this past week during a council committee meeting and I have to say I was very impressed with the intelligent and well thought out questions she was asking concerning bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure. Very impressed indeed.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Kudos to all involved.  Just another small touchup that has surely made many people happy and increased the QOL in that area.

I do like the new shelters on San Jose in Mardarin as well.

Jason, I agree with the Mandarin shelter on San Jose, this is an example of public/private partnership, naming rights and/or what a corporate sponsor can do for JTA. There is probably a story coming out of that little shelter quite soon. It is another bulls eye for JTA. Bravo boys and girls.

OCKLAWAHA

TheProfessor

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
An improvement indeed.  Is this a preexisting shelter?  It looks so dated