Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 3079358 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10815 on: November 30, 2022, 12:05:11 AM »
Well, I gave you an opportunity early on in the season. Now its too late to jump on the Tua bandwagon ;-)
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #10816 on: December 02, 2022, 12:12:35 PM »
Well, I gave you an opportunity early on in the season. Now its too late to jump on the Tua bandwagon ;-)

Thanks I'll stick with Jalen Hurts as my Bama QB of choice

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10817 on: December 05, 2022, 08:39:09 AM »
The Jaguars are nothing more than a Jacksonville downtown-rendering of a NFL franchise. We suck until we don't. Maybe we should hire some climate activists to direct their paint throwing from art to Khan's boat.

pierre

« Reply #10818 on: December 05, 2022, 11:33:39 AM »
The Jaguars don’t appear to be much better under Pederson than they were under Urban, Marrone or Bradley. The next three games could get real ugly.

The team is headed for another top five pick.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #10819 on: December 05, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »
That might be a LITTLE rough. They still have a ways to go, but some thoughts:

- Yesterday was AWFUL. No two ways about it.
 - It was the first time they lost by more than 10, which happened against KC. All other losses were by one score.
 - The defense isn't good, especially for the money spent. I'm wondering at this point if that's coaching, honestly. Seems like too much talent to be that bad.
 - Trevor is good, and he's grown a lot this year.
 - This was a 6-7 win team coming into the season. I said that before the year and I stand by it.
 - I'm actually curious how next week goes. I don't think it will be a disaster.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10820 on: December 05, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »
What good has it ever been for the Jaguars to have early picks in the draft?  Their biggest need is a talent evaluator/GM.  Walker was a stretch at #1 last year.  We need to do better at evaluating talent.  What a disaster against another 4-7 team yesterday.
“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.”

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #10821 on: December 06, 2022, 12:43:42 AM »
A little early to cast such a judgment but from what I've seen so far this year and last Sunday, but Travon Walker is looking like one of the biggest first overall draft pick busts in the last 30 years since JaMarcus Russel. Seems like he has only one gear and one direction to the quarterback with no creative moves with his feet or arms. Although we held the Ravens out of the end zone enough to win last week, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens were able to move the ball down with no problem. And Jared Goff looked every bit the number one pick he was under the pocket unfazed by the futile efforts of Walker getting to him on his blind side to the tune of scoring on every single one of his drives!

The guy that was picked after him in the draft, Detroit's Aiden Hutchinson, has way outperformed Walker defensively last Sunday, and all year. Walker's selection has GM's Trent Baalke's greasy fingerprints all over it: the shiny gifted but raw talent who may someday make some significant contributions defensively but so far all flash, little splash.

For a team that has shown much improvement and promise so far this year, it's so strange and maddening we would be struggling to get 6 measley wins this season.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10822 on: December 06, 2022, 01:19:24 PM »
Walker had as much history as Blaine Gabbert.  The Jags never learn from their mistakes.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10823 on: December 06, 2022, 02:42:02 PM »
A little early to cast such a judgment but from what I've seen so far this year and last Sunday, but Travon Walker is looking like one of the biggest first overall draft pick busts in the last 30 years since JaMarcus Russel. Seems like he has only one gear and one direction to the quarterback with no creative moves with his feet or arms. Although we held the Ravens out of the end zone enough to win last week, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens were able to move the ball down with no problem. And Jared Goff looked every bit the number one pick he was under the pocket unfazed by the futile efforts of Walker getting to him on his blind side to the tune of scoring on every single one of his drives!

The guy that was picked after him in the draft, Detroit's Aiden Hutchinson, has way outperformed Walker defensively last Sunday, and all year. Walker's selection has GM's Trent Baalke's greasy fingerprints all over it: the shiny gifted but raw talent who may someday make some significant contributions defensively but so far all flash, little splash.

For a team that has shown much improvement and promise so far this year, it's so strange and maddening we would be struggling to get 6 measley wins this season.

Because we went full Jaguar on draft day.  We drafted a guy first overall to be a pass-rusher. Only problem was that he was not a pass rusher in college.  Then we jumped back in the first round to draft Devin Lloyd who was a pass rusher in college. We're asking him to play off the ball. Naturally, they both are not very good their rookie years. Baalke masterclass.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10824 on: December 06, 2022, 03:02:56 PM »
Not ready to write off Travon Walker as a bust yet.

I think the general consensus going into the season was that Hutchinson was going to be ready from day one, and Travon was going to need some time to learn the position and develop the necessary skillset to live up to his 1st overall status.

Next year will probably be a better test.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10825 on: December 11, 2022, 09:09:32 PM »
Way to go Jaguars.  Glad you are off the Quaaludes this week.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #10826 on: December 18, 2022, 06:42:36 PM »
Interesting... the Jags just ended an all time NFL record of 20 straight losses to the opposing conference with today's win.  Add their unusual west coast win over the Chargers and beating the Titans at their home stadium and the Jags are shedding some records they would rather not have.  Hopefully, a good sign going forward.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:33:01 PM by jaxlongtimer »

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10827 on: December 18, 2022, 07:07:55 PM »
Half-time speech in the Jaguars locker room - "OK, men, we're down by 17 points - we've got 'em right where we want 'em!"

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #10828 on: December 18, 2022, 08:35:25 PM »
Half-time speech in the Jaguars locker room - "OK, men, we're down by 17 points - we've got 'em right where we want 'em!"

A couple of big time second half comebacks this week.  Aside from the record breaking comeback by the Vikings, you have the Jags and Bengals. 

Also, check out the wild ending of the Patriots-Raiders game which was tied. On the last play of the game, the Patriots tried a trick play and ended up literally throwing the ball directly to a Raider who ran it back for TD - game over.

Titans lost today.  If Jags win out they should win the division (I believe the tie breaker would go to the Jags for beating the Titans twice).

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10829 on: December 18, 2022, 08:45:35 PM »
Anyone else starting to get 2017 vibes???

I absolutely love the post-game locker room videos of Doug talking to the team.

Got caught up in the Leftwich hype in the offseason, but Doug is CLEARLY the guy we needed to turn the toxic losing culture around.