Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2989865 times)

Ken_FSU

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10740 on: September 25, 2022, 10:38:07 AM »
Wow Lake.

Canes playing in front of a whopping 5,000 people in the Hard Rock stadium. And laying an egg.  Hope they pull it out dude.

It was definitely a dive, but I really miss the Orange Bowl.

Feels like Miami lost a lot of their football identity with the move to Hard Rock.

Will never be able to replicate how intimidating that stadium could be for home games.

TEN YEAR win streak the Canes had at the OB.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10741 on: September 25, 2022, 04:23:43 PM »
Luckily, the Dolphins are off to a great start! As for the canes, this year is over. Will give Mario a year to get it together.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10742 on: September 25, 2022, 08:18:08 PM »
Wow Lake.

Canes playing in front of a whopping 5,000 people in the Hard Rock stadium. And laying an egg.  Hope they pull it out dude.

Feels like Miami lost a lot of their football identity with the move to Hard Rock.

Will never be able to replicate how intimidating that stadium could be for home games.

I guess we'll see how things eventually look whenever they get around to building this.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/renderings-released-for-air-conditioned-um-football-stadium-with-60000-seats/
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10743 on: September 26, 2022, 06:36:30 AM »
Meanwhile... the Jaguars look pretty good...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10744 on: September 26, 2022, 08:14:45 AM »
I was impressed. I was able to catch the Jags game from Live! at the Battery in Atlanta.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10745 on: September 26, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »
I was impressed. I was able to catch the Jags game from Live! at the Battery in Atlanta.

That is such a cool area... went to a Braves game earlier this year.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10746 on: September 26, 2022, 02:44:54 PM »
Wow Lake.

I guess we'll see how things eventually look whenever they get around to building this.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/renderings-released-for-air-conditioned-um-football-stadium-with-60000-seats/

Nice looking stadium. I think it would be huge for UM to have a football stadium to themselves that close to campus.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10747 on: September 26, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »

How'd you like Live! at the Battery?

Cordish developed that one too, and it's probably fairly close to what they would have built at Lot J.

That whole Battery area is kind of a bizarro, larger look at what the Jacksonville Landing could have been, had things developed differently. Wakefield Beasley master planned the Battery (Jacksonville chose to ignore Wakefield Beasley's redesign of the Landing and tore it down instead). The Omni serves as the hotel anchor of the area (the Omni fled downtown Jacksonville 8 months after the Landing was demolished). And Cordish developed and manages the large-scale entertainment complex (Cordish was initially interested in redeveloping the Landing).

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10748 on: September 26, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »
^It's about what I expected, as I've been to other Live! products over the years.

It would have been perfect for a revamped Landing, since its a modern version of Rouse's festival marketplace concept. Sleiman's $12 million plan back during Alvin Brown's time would have been about the same thing, just more like Washington, DC National Harbor instead of the Cordish concept. Overall, it sucks for Jax since that Sleiman plan would have been open by now, as opposed to waiting a decade to 2029, in hopes of a skyscraper being built on a portion of the site.

As for Lot J, I'm 100% confident its coming back. As long as the numbers are right for taxpayers, it will be a great addition to the sports district, Eastside and Jags game day experience.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 03:34:33 PM by thelakelander »

tufsu1

« Reply #10749 on: September 26, 2022, 03:39:31 PM »

How'd you like Live! at the Battery?

Cordish developed that one too, and it's probably fairly close to what they would have built at Lot J.

I think The Battery is higher quality and more urban than what the renderings for Lot J were - and we all know that things get "value engineered" down from the renderings (Daily's Place anyone).

MusicMan

« Reply #10750 on: October 04, 2022, 09:20:11 AM »
Nor sure what the offensive game plan against Philly was.  Running J Rob less than 10 times on a rainy field?  Hope that was not the strategy going in.

Todd_Parker

« Reply #10751 on: October 09, 2022, 04:15:37 PM »
Embarrassing loss at the Bank. Lawrence edging closer to “bust” status. He was awful and the multitude of drops didn’t help.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10752 on: October 09, 2022, 04:23:04 PM »
I think it's Trevor's hairstyle.
“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.”

pierre

« Reply #10753 on: October 09, 2022, 08:12:27 PM »
Lawrence is no good

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #10754 on: October 09, 2022, 08:23:22 PM »
It seems to me that, more times than not, you can predict their game outcome after just one half.  If they start out slow like they did today, they don't usually turn things around in the second half.  I guess that's why I stopped watching after the first half.

They don't need to lead after the first half but they have to show some mojo.  Didn't see it today.