Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2542373 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10560 on: November 24, 2021, 02:03:29 PM »
Almost an $800 million settlement between the NFL and the city of St. Louis over the Rams relocation.

https://fox2now.com/sports/tentative-790-million-settlement-reached-between-st-louis-nfl-kroenke/

Good for St. Louis, standing up to the NFL.

All 32 owners are likely going to have to swallow a piece of this settlement.

Will Shad's 'ask' for the Four Seasons Landscape Company er Resort go up now?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10561 on: November 28, 2021, 06:09:01 PM »
Tough loss... I get the impression no one gives a shit anymore and that is sad...  :(
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10562 on: November 28, 2021, 07:13:32 PM »
Is it time to get in the Draft Pick Race?
We Could be 2-15. Of our 6 remaining games, only 2 teams currently have losing records: Texans (also 2-9) and Jets (3-8), we have the Texans at home, and play the Jets there. Also, only 2 of those 6 games are at home (Texans and Colts (6-6)). Giving the Jags a home win against the equally pathetic Texans, gives us 3-14.
The NFL website projected (before today's loss) the Jags would have the 2nd pick, after the winless Lions. The "tankathon" site has us 3, after Detroit and Houston.  https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

landfall

« Reply #10563 on: November 28, 2021, 07:23:18 PM »
Team needs to heavily invest in the wide receiver position.

Todd_Parker

« Reply #10564 on: November 28, 2021, 08:25:34 PM »
For a team that has had a lot of high draft picks the past few years and now a “generational talent” at quarterback, they still seem a long way from being competitive.

Meanwhile, Mac Jones getting things done under Belichick.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10565 on: November 28, 2021, 09:23:00 PM »
Happy for Jones... I am sure we can all agree he has more to work with than Trevor...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #10566 on: November 29, 2021, 09:10:36 AM »
A major concern has to be keeping Lawrence upbeat.  He has so many victories in his earlier years, he has to be depressed being in the Jaguar's (dis)organization.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10567 on: November 29, 2021, 10:37:32 AM »
Khan has shown he has an inexplicable level of patience with mediocracy. While it's evident for even the most casual observer that Urban is an empty suit (for a head coach to have zero idea why his best offensive player wasn't on the field for nearly an entire half is just sad)  and Baalke is just as bad as everyone warned us about regarding personel decisions, Khan won't cut ties with this mess for at least another 2 seasons. Or until he gets his 4 Seasons done. So, 6 seasons?

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10568 on: November 29, 2021, 10:41:16 AM »
I get the impression no one gives a shit anymore and that is sad...  :(

It's 100% on Shad.

No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars having their Sunday ruined by such an awful team.

Historically awful.

In the decade that Khan has owned the team the Jags have been:

2011: 5-11
2012: 2-14
2013: 4-12
2014: 3-13
2015: 5-11
2016: 3-13
2017: 10-6
2018: 5-11
2019: 6-10
2020: 1-15
2021: 2-15 (with how we're tracking)

By the end of the season, the Jags will have won fewer than 1 out of every 4 games under current ownership.

Shad and Lamping always bring up 2017 to counter the argument that the Jags have always been bad under this regime, but if we're being honest, that team just barely squeaked into the playoffs and was almost immediately broken up. A single winning record (at 10-6) in a decade is proof of nothing.

After a decade of ineptitude, the only way the Jags are going to win back widespread business and support from the community is to consistently deliver a competent product in return.

Nobody wants to be the butt of a joke or put their hard-earned money and time into something that's going to make them feel like shit.

Guy needs to figure it out.

MusicMan

« Reply #10569 on: November 29, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
Didn't he make his fortune selling car bumpers? What did folks expect? 

He owns the rear bumper of the NFL.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10570 on: November 29, 2021, 04:11:31 PM »
Soooo... it's automobiles... the Ford family owns the Lions...

MusicMan

« Reply #10571 on: November 29, 2021, 04:56:02 PM »
Pretty ignorant comment there. Khan has not built one damn thing here except a pro football franchise that has left a bad taste in fan's mouths.

He doesn't even have a condo here.

The Ford Family has been a leader in philanthropy throughout Michigan for decades:  from the Detroit News:

""We are thrilled," Walker said. "This is an opportunity to celebrate the Ford family's singular legacy of philanthropy in America. There are few families of the great Industrial Age who have done more to transform America than the Ford family."

On Thursday, foundation officials will continue visiting with grantees and are expected to end their trip after lunch, officials said.

At $125 million, the Ford Foundation's commitment to the pension-and-art rescue fund was the largest single contribution of any individual, corporation or institution. The foundation's $10.3 billion endowment fund was seeded 78 years ago with wealth generated by the Ford Motor Co.

Incorporated in 1936 in Michigan, the Ford Foundation was created with an initial gift of $25,000 from Edsel Ford. Edsel's father, Henry, was the automaker's founder.

The foundation operated as a local philanthropy in Michigan until 1950, when it expanded to become a national and international foundation. Today, the foundation is the second-largest in the United States and has provided more than $16 billion in grants and loans worldwide."

Shad Khan and the Ford Family.....not the same.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10572 on: November 29, 2021, 06:09:01 PM »
Sounds like ignorant sour grapes from you...  :)

They both own historic losing franchises...  THAT'S THE POINT

We get it you hate Khan...

MusicMan

« Reply #10573 on: November 29, 2021, 07:24:41 PM »
You don't know me
You don't know anything about me

Khan has been a shitty owner. Bad decision after bad decision. If the NFL was a real business he'd be bankrupt by now.  NO one has ever lost money on an NFL franchise.
I don't hate him. I hate what he's doing. 

Go back under the bridge please

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10574 on: November 29, 2021, 07:35:16 PM »
You don't know me
You don't know anything about me... your sour grapes are well documented.

The Packers are selling stock... for $300 you can be an owner...rofl

https://packersstock.com/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:37:55 PM by BridgeTroll »