Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2392168 times)

MusicMan

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10500 on: September 20, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
If I had a dollar for every time Shad Khan said, "we want to focus on the fan experience"  then I could afford my own franchise.

Here's a couple of suggestions:   #1.  Bring back the $10 can of beer.  $15.50 for a premium can of beer is ridiculous, especially in light of the product on the field.  #2. Keep the escalators open after the game. WTF with shutting them down?  How does that improve any aspect of the experience?  #3.  Don't pre load a tip onto the chit, since no actual service is being provided. Leave it up to the consumer to add the tip because the service was great.  15% for opening a beer? #4. Put some food trucks outside the stadium. More choices, better prices. Customers win!   #4. Let the fans walk freely outside the damn stadium. Yesterday we left the stadium and were not permitted to walk to our left by security. Now there were plenty of people walking in this area, but only in one direction. It was effing ridiculous. No reason was given. So we had to walk half way out into the parking lot before turning to our left. It was asinine.  #5. Hire a real traffic expert to analyze and design a more efficacious way to get folks home after the game. What ever they are doing now sucks.  #6. Dedicate bike/scooter lanes for the ride in and out. Even the cops on bicycles agreed with that one. Right now you're on your own.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10501 on: September 20, 2021, 02:59:14 PM »
If I had a dollar for every time Shad Khan said, "we want to focus on the fan experience"  then I could afford my own franchise.

Here's a couple of suggestions:   #1.  Bring back the $10 can of beer.  $15.50 for a premium can of beer is ridiculous, especially in light of the product on the field.  #2. Keep the escalators open after the game. WTF with shutting them down?  How does that improve any aspect of the experience?  #3.  Don't pre load a tip onto the chit, since no actual service is being provided. Leave it up to the consumer to add the tip because the service was great.  15% for opening a beer? #4. Put some food trucks outside the stadium. More choices, better prices. Customers win!   #4. Let the fans walk freely outside the damn stadium. Yesterday we left the stadium and were not permitted to walk to our left by security. Now there were plenty of people walking in this area, but only in one direction. It was effing ridiculous. No reason was given. So we had to walk half way out into the parking lot before turning to our left. It was asinine.  #5. Hire a real traffic expert to analyze and design a more efficacious way to get folks home after the game. What ever they are doing now sucks.  #6. Dedicate bike/scooter lanes for the ride in and out. Even the cops on bicycles agreed with that one. Right now you're on your own.

Easiest way to eliminate some of the pain of going to these games would be for beer prices to equal that of a Thursday night Minor League Baseball game. The gameday experience is still $h** because you're getting punched in the wallet while watching the worst football team in the modern NFL era. We always park off Monroe on the West side of the bridge close to the arena. A little bit of a walk, but worth it after the game. We're heading south on 95 in less than 10 minutes.

landfall

« Reply #10502 on: September 20, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »
I assume Khan wants a Four Seasons by the stadium so visiting teams and their staff's have a nice place to stay?

Also stadium, no surprise, looked half empty yesterday. Did they announce the number of tickets sold? 

DJ Chark   1 catch for 19 yards.... Not gonna win a lot of games with that stat line

MusicMan

« Reply #10503 on: September 20, 2021, 05:01:04 PM »
What about number in attendance?  (The upper decks were less than half full)

This was the season opener and the debut of Trevor Lawrence.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #10504 on: September 20, 2021, 05:44:53 PM »
^ Well, NBC had a soccer match that maybe was more exciting...  In fairness, the weather forecast was for some heavy rains that ended up mostly staying away.  This being the capital of fair-weather fans, that, combined with the summer heat, was probably enough to scare more than a few people away.

The product on the field doesn't help things.  Maybe fans feel the Jags have so far to go that it will be awhile before they play a competitive game worth watching, especially when the weather isn't ideal.  8)

MusicMan

« Reply #10505 on: September 27, 2021, 12:18:41 PM »
Jags showed flashes of dominance Sunday before crumbling under their own weight. Not sure why we abandoned the run game after the long run only drive (3rd quarter) but hey, that's the Coach' decision.

One more observation: did anyone else notice the delightful smell of raw sewage from Intuition down to the jail along Bay Street? I had noticed it last week but forgot to mention it in my complaint.  Four Seasons will love that added feature when they move into the neighborhood.

landfall

« Reply #10506 on: September 27, 2021, 01:26:48 PM »
CJ Henderson traded to the Panthers. Another wasted pick. Chaisson look even worse.

MusicMan

« Reply #10507 on: September 27, 2021, 03:35:15 PM »
Agree. hard to fathom why we dumped another first rounder......

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10508 on: September 27, 2021, 04:19:33 PM »
Henderson was a bad pick to begin with. He had zero interceptions in his final year at Florida. Caldwell and Co did the usual and fell in love with his combine performance so here we are yet again - a Jaguar 1st round bust. This roster is just pure garbage from top to bottom and needs at minimum 2 more years of actually good drafting and FA acquisitions to be thought of as a potential playoff contender.

MusicMan

« Reply #10509 on: September 27, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
I know this is SEC Territory but we've drafted a lot of SEC guys in the first round and they are mostly busts.....

tufsu1

« Reply #10510 on: September 27, 2021, 09:35:02 PM »
I know this is SEC Territory but we've drafted a lot of SEC guys in the first round and they are mostly busts.....

more specifically, the Jags have drafted several players from UF in the past decade - and they have been busts

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10511 on: September 29, 2021, 09:40:31 AM »
Henderson was a bad pick to begin with. He had zero interceptions in his final year at Florida. Caldwell and Co did the usual and fell in love with his combine performance so here we are yet again - a Jaguar 1st round bust. This roster is just pure garbage from top to bottom and needs at minimum 2 more years of actually good drafting and FA acquisitions to be thought of as a potential playoff contender.

DC tried to replace Jalen and it blew up in his face.

Hendo has shown flashes, but I've gotta agree with the storyline about him just not loving the game enough to work through any kind of issue.

Hammy hurts... not playing.  Ankle tweaked... not playing.  Eh, just not feeling it today.... not playing. 

I'm leaning that this will end up being a good trade, but that only happens if CJ is out of the league by the end of the year or doesn't report next year.

It's easy enough to say that he'll thrive in Carolina, but it's easy enough to think that he's just not willing to push it.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Snaketoz

« Reply #10512 on: September 29, 2021, 10:10:01 AM »
Looking back at the Jaguars over the years, except early on, they have been awful at talent scouting.

pierre

« Reply #10513 on: September 29, 2021, 10:22:24 AM »

Lol. The Jaguars have drafted bad players from every conference.

MusicMan

« Reply #10514 on: September 29, 2021, 02:04:28 PM »
That is true. Its just amazing how many first round draft picks from the SEC have been wasted. 

A bad pick from the sixth round is one thing.

"Looking back at the Jaguars over the years, except early on, they have been awful at talent scouting."

Leonard Fournette was the highest ranked prospect in the history of ranking prospects.  Jaylen Ramsey is doing fine with LA.
I think we are snake bit. Terrible GM's plus deficient coaching equals 1-15.

But you do have a point:

2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 QBs
Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars
Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
Jimmy Garoppolo, New England Patriots

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 02:18:32 PM by MusicMan »