Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2400165 times)

WarDamJagFan

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10485 on: September 12, 2021, 05:59:56 PM »
The Jags yet again assure me early that I can have the rest of my Sundays back the remainder of the season.  If anyone wondered why we were freaking out when our 1's couldn't even beat other team's 2's in preseason, this is why.

MusicMan

« Reply #10486 on: September 12, 2021, 08:10:23 PM »
Let's look on the bright side:  Tampa Bay lost their first game last year and looked pretty bad doing it......

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10487 on: September 13, 2021, 05:54:40 AM »
Let's look on the bright side:  Tampa Bay lost their first game last year and looked pretty bad doing it......

True. Overreaction Monday is pretty standard after Week 1. But the Jags were 1-15 last season. And really bad the year before that. And the year before that. Talent wise, we are woefully behind the majority of the league. All we can ask for this season is continued improvement as it would be unrealistic to expect much winning.

pierre

« Reply #10488 on: September 13, 2021, 06:01:31 AM »
The Jags got blown out by a team with one of the worst rosters in football. They looked unprepared, unable to make adjustments, had a ton of penalties, a ton of dropped passes and their franchise quarterback had three terrible interceptions. There’s really nothing positive to speak of.

And the rest of the schedule is brutal. They will be lucky to win 3 games.

This feels a lot like the Gus Bradley era.

landfall

« Reply #10489 on: September 13, 2021, 06:20:56 AM »
The Jags got blown out by a team with one of the worst rosters in football. They looked unprepared, unable to make adjustments, had a ton of penalties, a ton of dropped passes and their franchise quarterback had three terrible interceptions. There’s really nothing positive to speak of.

And the rest of the schedule is brutal. They will be lucky to win 3 games.

This feels a lot like the Gus Bradley era.
Yeah it unfortunately did.

I got much more Nick Saban or Bobby Petrino vibes yesterday than I did Pete Carroll. The warning signs have been there in the Saints game where our starters were bullied by second stringers and then the recent reports about Meyer losing the plot with his coaches - the ones he hired.

pierre

« Reply #10490 on: September 13, 2021, 08:02:05 AM »
I’ve seen this bounced around social media today. Shad Khan’s record as owner is 41-107. Under his ownership, the team has been stunning in it’s ineptitude.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10491 on: September 13, 2021, 08:45:34 AM »
It's been 365 days since our last win.  Yatzee.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10492 on: September 13, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »
Tony seems to have found his niche in wrestling, so perhaps he should just stick to that. Woe are we Jag Nation. Woe are we.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10493 on: September 19, 2021, 01:31:21 PM »
Pretty good first quarter against Denver...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #10494 on: September 19, 2021, 07:14:15 PM »
Pretty good first quarter against Denver...
And it ended there.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10495 on: September 19, 2021, 07:49:40 PM »
Definitely an improved effort against a good team.  They certainly have a ways to go...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #10496 on: September 19, 2021, 08:30:36 PM »
The  “ Mayor Delaney/ Chamber of Commerce “ NFL   Franchise needs to recognize that as far as their placement and involvement in the community..... Jacksonville is “ Haunted”.

pierre

« Reply #10497 on: September 19, 2021, 11:08:08 PM »
Absolutely dreadful playcalling, zero speed at the skill positions, inability to rush the passer and a kicker that needs to be replaced. This is going to be a long year.

MusicMan

« Reply #10498 on: September 20, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
I assume Khan wants a Four Seasons by the stadium so visiting teams and their staff's have a nice place to stay?

Also stadium, no surprise, looked half empty yesterday. Did they announce the number of tickets sold? 

DJ Chark   1 catch for 19 yards.... Not gonna win a lot of games with that stat line
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:11:29 AM by MusicMan »

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10499 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:17 AM »
Looking at the next handful of games... odds of 20+ consecutive losses are as favorable as a rainy afternoon in September.

My Sundays will be spent at the beach the next couple of months.