Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1950098 times)

Ken_FSU

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10215 on: October 18, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
What a shitshow.

Would love to see City Council put a provision in the Lot J term sheet making the $200+ million contingent on the termination of Todd Wash.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10216 on: October 19, 2020, 08:47:14 AM »
I'd love to see the Jaguars sold to a group of investors much like the Packers.  Shares could be sold and ownership of shares would be possible for fans, investors, and anyone interested in a viable, winning team.  This debacle is mostly on Kahn.  I don't normally like conspiracy theories, but I often wonder if he is allowing the current management run the franchise deeper into the ground so that he has reason to relocate.  This is a dumpster fire.

CityLife

« Reply #10217 on: October 19, 2020, 10:17:07 AM »
Unfortunately, the Jags aren't the only ones having a terrible season. There are 8 other one win teams and one zero win team. Going to be a lot of competition for Trevor Lawrence.  The Jags recent move to sign a kicker that has never kicked a FG in a game AT ANY level of football was a nice start.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10218 on: October 19, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »
Is Gus (or a decendant) available?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074599/

MusicMan

« Reply #10219 on: October 19, 2020, 10:58:46 AM »
"Unfortunately, the Jags aren't the only ones having a terrible season. There are 8 other one win teams and one zero win team"...
Good point. I'd even take Justin Fields if available, but not looking like we get that choice, unless Jags trade their 2 picks for #1.

Agree. The level of play in the NFL right now is downright poor. Not sure what Joe Flacco was even doing on the field yesterday.

IMO far more fun to watch college football.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10220 on: October 19, 2020, 11:29:44 AM »
It's not too late the jump on the Miami Dolphin bandwagon. Even Tua got some late game action yesterday!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10221 on: October 19, 2020, 11:33:07 AM »
I'd love to see the Jaguars sold to a group of investors much like the Packers.  Shares could be sold and ownership of shares would be possible for fans, investors, and anyone interested in a viable, winning team.  This debacle is mostly on Kahn.  I don't normally like conspiracy theories, but I often wonder if he is allowing the current management run the franchise deeper into the ground so that he has reason to relocate.  This is a dumpster fire.

First off, I totally agree. I'd love to see more people in St. Johns and other surrounding counties have an actual stake in the team, and keep it local.

From what I understand, the problem with that solution is that the Packers' ownership structure is grandfathered into an NFL rule from the 80s that requires a single owner to hold at least 30% of a team, with no more than 32 owners per team. Given the ownership structure of every other NFL team, I presume they wouldn't be that interested in allowing a community to purchase their local team. Which is odd, given that Jacksonville as a market seems at least somewhat similar to Green Bay in terms of size.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

tufsu1

« Reply #10222 on: October 19, 2020, 04:06:19 PM »
It's not too late the jump on the Miami Dolphin bandwagon. Even Tua got some late game action yesterday!

no thank you

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #10224 on: October 22, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »
Calais Campbell looked very happy on ESPN today.

tufsu1

« Reply #10225 on: October 23, 2020, 02:31:32 PM »
^ as am I

minder

« Reply #10226 on: November 01, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »
Look on the bright side. In 2025, you'll be able to load up on overpriced chicken wings at Yard House while you wait for gridlock to clear before accessing the remaining Hart Bridge ramps.
This made me laugh. I also chuckled when they were giving their answer about how the Cordish sports projects all feature unique local brands in emphasising how all their developments differ. I sat there thinking in my head "Can't wait for Firehouse, Metro Diner and Dick's to open at the sports complex in 2024".   ;D

MusicMan

« Reply #10227 on: November 02, 2020, 10:23:30 AM »
Who has an appetite after watching the Jags play?

MusicMan

« Reply #10228 on: November 07, 2020, 09:46:49 AM »
Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson. The Jags had a fair an legitimate opportunity to draft any one of these guys.

Nice article here:

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/28757/texans-visit-another-reminder-of-how-the-jaguars-have-missed-at-qb

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10229 on: November 07, 2020, 12:38:02 PM »
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/local/2020/11/07/jaguars-city-start-study-stadium-future-jacksonville-tiaa-bank-field/6190297002/

Something that came up in the City Council meeting earlier this week is that the city and the Jags have also had preliminary discussions about a project at the Fairgrounds.