Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1903301 times)

MusicMan

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10200 on: September 25, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »
Well the Dolphins are average at best and they whipped our ass from the first play to the last

"Was thinking about going, but even this morning, nosebleeds were $100 a pop."   
Seriously? People paid that? Man I got freebies and they weren't worth it 8)

Biggest insult of the night?  One beer and a bag of peanuts....$20

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10201 on: September 25, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
How much is a beer and peanuts at the symphony?
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10202 on: September 25, 2020, 01:47:45 PM »

With my new TicketMaster season ticket package, even with last night being about $350 for the pair, I'm still in the green for the season.

But I gotta say that it's a lot easier to take a loss like last night knowing that I'm not committed for the rest of the season.

Great dinner at Cowford with the better half and perfect weather for a night game.  Jags might have shit the bed, but we won last night for sure.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10203 on: September 25, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »
How was the experience?  Getting in and out...distancing...vendors...etc...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10204 on: September 25, 2020, 03:39:47 PM »
How was the experience?  Getting in and out...distancing...vendors...etc...

Honestly, the experience was meh. 

It was probably a combination of a half-empty stadium, the Jags getting walked from the opening kickoff and sitting on Dolphin's side of the stadium (lots of Fin fans there as usual), but that 'feeling' you get on a normal game day wasn't even remotely there - not even comparable to a normal pre-season game.  It felt kind of like going to the yearly Family Friday scrimmage.

Traffic was non-existent.  #asexpected

The gates were no touch and it went smoothly.  Hopefully they can take some of these lessons and apply it to a full stadium.

Vendors seemed to be operating pretty normally.  There is a text-ordering system that they've implemented, but it seemed to have some bugs still - people in line ordering were still getting their orders while text orders weren't caught up.

I will say that the stadium staff did a pretty good job making sure people had on their masks, and even though it was kind of hit & miss over who they were enforcing, I did notice that they removed quite a few people who continued to ignore the order.

You can see pretty clearly from the picture that the social distancing with regards to seating was implemented pretty well.

All and all, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.  I may go to another COVID game, but the team is going to have to play more like Week1&2 over the next few games for me to consider it, but I'll definitely stick with my plan of getting walk-up tickets the night of.  Because as MM mentioned, the base ticket was $90 for the 400s, but with all intention of walking back to Intuition to watch the game, I sat outside the gate just kept refreshing until I saw a pair under the price I was willing to pay and I still made the kickoff from our seats.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #10205 on: September 25, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »
"How much is a beer and peanuts at the symphony?"

I think $10............ it's the same when you see a Broadway show or special event, it's not the Symphony who sets the amount nor do we profit share from it.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10206 on: October 07, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »
According to Pro Football Focus the Jags have two of the top ten rookies...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookie-rankings-10-highest-graded-rookies-through-week-4

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10207 on: October 07, 2020, 07:43:03 AM »
Keep it up Mr. Robinson. I enjoy having him parked on my fantasy football bench, in case of an emergency.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Snaketoz

« Reply #10208 on: October 11, 2020, 05:29:54 PM »
Can the Jags get any worse?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10209 on: October 11, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »
Maybe Mr. Khan will follow the lead of the owner of the team that just beat the Jags, and fire the head coach.

But, probably not.

MusicMan

« Reply #10210 on: October 11, 2020, 09:45:39 PM »
Marrone is doing a better job than Khan or Caldwell.  Just thinking we could very easily have Dalvin Cook and Lamar Jackson if Caldwell was worth a shit.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10211 on: October 12, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »
I think the Jag's major problem is the OWNER.

Papa33

« Reply #10212 on: October 12, 2020, 06:46:43 PM »
I think the Jag's major problem is the OWNER.
Kahn seems to have checked out.

MusicMan

« Reply #10213 on: October 18, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »
Khan checked out? Most likely. This is the best investment he's ever had. Completely shitty product and it still goes up by $1.6 billion.

This team is awful. You know when your second best player is an undrafted free agent (AND YOU HAD 12 DRAFT PICKS!), you really do need a new GM..

That being said we have mastered the 3 yard forward pass.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10214 on: October 18, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
Look on the bright side. In 2025, you'll be able to load up on overpriced chicken wings at Yard House while you wait for gridlock to clear before accessing the remaining Hart Bridge ramps.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali