Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1769548 times)

Snaketoz

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10485 on: March 25, 2020, 12:05:30 PM »
Bortles with crab legs.

MusicMan

« Reply #10486 on: March 26, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
Tyler Eifert has only appeared in 59  games in his 7 year career.  I look at this as an admission we have no idea of how to draft a tight end.
Hope he makes it through the year, but it already looks doubtful.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #10487 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:31 AM »
I'm okay with the signing because it's heavily incentives laden and not guaranteed. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10488 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
Signing Former Bengals first round picks is the new market inefficiency. Jags ahead of the curve.

MusicMan

« Reply #10489 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
"I'm okay with the signing because it's heavily incentives laden and not guaranteed. If it doesn't work it doesn't work."

I've long believed EVERY contract should be heavily incentive laden and not guaranteed!

If it does not work we still don't have a tight end who can make plays. Which is what we have now, correct?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #10490 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:00 AM »
"I'm okay with the signing because it's heavily incentives laden and not guaranteed. If it doesn't work it doesn't work."

I've long believed EVERY contract should be heavily incentive laden and not guaranteed!

If it does not work we still don't have a tight end who can make plays. Which is what we have now, correct?

Well, Gronk in his prime is not available this offseason. If he was he'd also cost a kings ransom. If you're addressing any position in free agency, either:

- Be prepared to break the bank for a supposed "stud"
 - Pay a little less and get a player that carries some sort of risk (history of injuries, a young player with 1 good year that could be a fluke, a players that's had a few down years that you think wasn't used right, etc.)

As long as they also draft someone (I don't care what round), I'm fine with what they did. The Tight End position was completely neglected by the team for a LONG time. Transforming it to a top tier position group isn't going to happen overnight.

Papa33

« Reply #10491 on: March 26, 2020, 05:57:14 PM »

I-10east

« Reply #10492 on: March 26, 2020, 06:02:10 PM »
Good! We didn't really need him anyway, with our another nickelback Hayden in there.

MusicMan

« Reply #10493 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16:39 AM »
So next fall the Jags will put 11 guys on the field to play defense, who have literally never played together before.
Gonna be fun ..... to watch our opposition.

Who remains from the D that played the Patriots for the Champeenship?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:21:20 AM by MusicMan »

I-10east

« Reply #10494 on: March 27, 2020, 11:05:29 AM »
^^^On the brightside, we have a crapload of draft picks; they still gotta put in the work to get the correct players. I can imagine that the majority of the draft is gonna be defense-heavy.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10495 on: April 20, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »
These are truly strange times. I keep loving the Jags news as it comes out. If they can get something of value for 27 that would just add to an amazing off season.

The virus could end up being great for the Jags. Barring a miracle, this team was going to suck and ticket sales dismal anyway. Attendance may be irrelevant . At the very least, it will be down across the board and even if they play a full season, it will be odd. Limited off season, unusual schedule, whatever.  Other teams spending big/trading draft picks for a potential question mark of a season.

Maybe everything will be reasonably close to normal for the NFL but I doubt it and think they picked the perfect year for a rebuild. I guess one could point to one year closer to leaving....but let’s keep this positive for Jag fans.

Brilliant Jaguars front office ? Strange times indeed.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10496 on: April 20, 2020, 10:41:30 AM »
These are truly strange times. I keep loving the Jags news as it comes out. If they can get something of value for 27 that would just add to an amazing off season.

The virus could end up being great for the Jags. Barring a miracle, this team was going to suck and ticket sales dismal anyway. Attendance may be irrelevant . At the very least, it will be down across the board and even if they play a full season, it will be odd. Limited off season, unusual schedule, whatever.  Other teams spending big/trading draft picks for a potential question mark of a season.

Maybe everything will be reasonably close to normal for the NFL but I doubt it and think they picked the perfect year for a rebuild. I guess one could point to one year closer to leaving....but let’s keep this positive for Jag fans.

We've got to hold out for a 3rd or better, because we're likely to get that in comp picks if he plays out the contract, but you're right - no plans to keep him, pretty much guaranteed a 3/4 rounder in 2021, might as well try and get something better for 2020.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10497 on: April 20, 2020, 10:53:19 AM »

We've got to hold out for a 3rd or better, because we're likely to get that in comp picks if he plays out the contract, but you're right - no plans to keep him, pretty much guaranteed a 3/4 rounder in 2021, might as well try and get something better for 2020.

Considering their mountain of  2021 cap space and comp picks are based upon net gains/losses, they could be busy( they will get a pass this year but they better be good in 2021 or it could get ugly) in FA  so I am not even sure they get a comp pick for him . And it would be actually be a 2022 pick which is even worse.

MusicMan

« Reply #10498 on: April 20, 2020, 10:57:15 AM »
I want them to draft offense only.

Pick up defensive players through trades and free agency. 

JaxAvondale

« Reply #10499 on: April 20, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »

Jags are having a very good offseason. The draft picks are going to be interesting given that most teams have only met with Combine players.