Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1709210 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10395 on: January 01, 2020, 08:05:51 AM »
I just realized that with that impressive win over the Colts in a meaningless game, this season was the team’s second best record under Caldwell. 6-10. Second best. Out of 7.

Uh....congratulations? Well done, sir?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10396 on: January 05, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »
Since this seems like the best fan base to ask...what do football fans do in January?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #10397 on: January 05, 2020, 12:28:08 PM »
Get ready for the draft! 

Snaketoz

« Reply #10398 on: January 05, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »
I play golf and forget about it.

Kerry

« Reply #10399 on: January 05, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
Wake up every Monday morning and say to yourself, "At least the Jags didn't lose yesterday".
Third Place

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10400 on: January 05, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »
Wake up every Monday morning and say to yourself, "At least the Jags didn't lose yesterday".
That’s actually a pretty positive take considering it is Jax related. New Years resolution?

Kerry

« Reply #10401 on: January 05, 2020, 05:10:27 PM »
That’s actually a pretty positive take considering it is Jax related. New Years resolution?

Lol - no, my New Year's resolutions are a little more realistic.

I guess Jags fans can start watching Khan's new Black News Channel.
Third Place

I-10east

« Reply #10402 on: January 06, 2020, 08:13:54 AM »
^^^Usually prominent business people kinda stay in a similar lane with their business ventures. Shad Khan is all over the place with them; The Jags, Flex N Gate, Fulham FC, All Elite Wrestling, and now the Black News Channel (we definitely need more woke news, no shortage of that...) Either Khan is the ultimate Renaissance man (which I'm mostly leaning towards), or one (or a couple) of his ventures will not go as planned.

Kerry

« Reply #10403 on: January 06, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
I think he is following the Richard Branson Virgin model.  Throw money at everything and hope something sticks. 

Branson has started over 400 businesses under the Virgin umbrella but only a fraction of them are still around.  I watched an interview with him several years ago and he said he didn't even do business plans for a lot of his enterprises - he just threw money at it and if it was still around after 5 years then he would do a business plan and streamline it. 

His logic was that if it only made money by being run at peak efficiency it would never produce the returns he was looking for.
Third Place

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #10404 on: January 06, 2020, 11:33:11 AM »
^^^Usually prominent business people kinda stay in a similar lane with their business ventures. Shad Khan is all over the place with them; The Jags, Flex N Gate, Fulham FC, All Elite Wrestling, and now the Black News Channel (we definitely need more woke news, no shortage of that...) Either Khan is the ultimate Renaissance man (which I'm mostly leaning towards), or one (or a couple) of his ventures will not go as planned.

Not sure I buy that. Jamie Dimon (along with Warren Buffet and Jeff Bezos) have partnered and invested in a healthcare startup. Other than the fact that healthcare and banking tend to deal with lots of money, I'm not sure I see these as similar. I have a lot of respect for Dimon, but I don't see him as a Renaissance Man.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10405 on: January 06, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
I don't know anything about Apple (way out of my lane) and use an Android but I still have Apple stock.

Sounds like Shad is a pretty smart man. If you have the money, diversifying your pots of investments aren't a bad thing.

Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose but as long as the investments aren't totally foolish or at a risk level that can bankrupt you, you're more likely to gain in the long run.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Papa33

« Reply #10406 on: January 18, 2020, 10:51:05 AM »
At this point, can we assume that Todd Wash is back as DC next season?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10407 on: January 22, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
Rumors of Jay Gruden as OC...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

acme54321

« Reply #10408 on: January 22, 2020, 08:57:56 AM »
Rumors of Jay Gruden as OC...  8)

Just saw this reported on Action News

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10409 on: January 22, 2020, 09:28:12 AM »
Love it if it’s truly a permanent OC position.

Not so hot on it if we start slow and it turns into an interim head coach turns multi-year head coach trial situation.