Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1640628 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10080 on: September 16, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »

Snakebit doesn't even remotely justify how I feel about this franchise.

Not sure which is worse but incompetently run doesn’t remotely justify how I feel about the franchise.

MusicMan

« Reply #10081 on: September 16, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »
It's great to be an NFL owner. Team sucks and still more than doubles in value...... Not too many industries where you can pull that off.

edjax

« Reply #10082 on: September 16, 2019, 04:42:44 PM »
Let’s say Minshew Mania hit Manhattan big time. Was watching the game at St Pats pub as the home site of the Jags in NYC and place was pretty crazy over Minshew all game and then absolutely nuts at the end.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10083 on: September 16, 2019, 06:45:20 PM »
And now the drama queen wants to be traded. He hasn’t even gotten paid yet. Can’t imagine what the child will be like when he gets a monster guaranteed contract.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10084 on: September 16, 2019, 07:54:39 PM »
This is the darkest timeline.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10085 on: September 16, 2019, 08:27:17 PM »
Look on the bright side. Even though their records are the same, you could be historically bad like the Dolphins.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:09:28 PM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10086 on: September 16, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
Look on the bright side. Even though, their records are the same, you could be historically bad like the Dolphins.

But the Jags are actually trying to win. looking ahead to 2020, I think I will take the team with a 150 million in cap room and the Texans future draft.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10087 on: September 17, 2019, 08:06:38 AM »
Look on the bright side. Even though their records are the same, you could be historically bad like the Dolphins.

The Dolphins may be a great place to send Ramsey... or the Jets...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10088 on: September 17, 2019, 08:20:53 AM »
$160 million in cap space and 7 of the top 65 picks in next year's draft. They can afford him and if they can do this tank right, will be more competitive than the Jags in another year or two in a Tom Brady-less AFC East. I'm sure they'll throw a 2nd round pick to Jax if Ramsey is willing to let South Beach drown potential short term sorrows of an 0-16 season. But that scenario gives Ramsey the last laugh.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10089 on: September 17, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
$160 million in cap space and 7 of the top 65 picks in next year's draft. They can afford him and if they can do this tank right, will be more competitive than the Jags in another year or two in a Tom Brady-less AFC East. I'm sure they'll throw a 2nd round pick to Jax if Ramsey is willing to let South Beach drown potential short term sorrows of an 0-16 season. But that scenario gives Ramsey the last laugh.

I certainly admire what the Dolphins( no more half measures) are doing ( while Dave Caldwell has a scooby doo expression as he tries to understand why anyone would try to acquire draft capital) but time for a reality check. You know Stidham is going to be better than any QB the Dolphins trot out there.

Papa33

« Reply #10090 on: September 17, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
For argument's sake, could the Jags afford to keep Ramsey and Ngakoue anyway?  Is it one or the other, not both?  Further, is Ngakoue feining an injury because he is disgruntled?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10091 on: September 17, 2019, 09:44:16 AM »
You know Stidham is going to be better than any QB the Dolphins trot out there.

Lol perhaps! However, I'll take my chances that a combination of a retired Tom Brady, a butt load of cap space and +12 picks in the first three rounds of the next two drafts will leave them in better position than overpaying for big names and going .500 year after year.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #10092 on: September 17, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
Jalen deleted all pictures of the Jags on his instagram.  He's clearly handling this in a mature and civilized manor.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10093 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:58 AM »

Lol perhaps! However, I'll take my chances that a combination of a retired Tom Brady, a butt load of cap space and +12 picks in the first three rounds of the next two drafts will leave them in better position than overpaying for big names and going .500 year after year.
[/quot

Yeah, The AFC is confusing me. Dolphins doing a tear down the right way...the Bills trending in a positive direction. At least the Jets are still being the Jets!

Fallen Buckeye

« Reply #10094 on: September 17, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »
Jalen deleted all pictures of the Jags on his instagram.  He's clearly handling this in a mature and civilized manor.

Did he retreat into a fancy old house so he could manage his Insta? Where is this manor of which you speak? jk. ;)

I say good riddance, and I'd love it if they could throw Fournette into a trade, too.