Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1596694 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10005 on: April 18, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »
Not surprising, but Jags home opener is allegedly the Chiefs. What a waste (strictly from a ticket selling point of view)...just like last year.

Overall though, not too bad of a ticket schedule:

- Likely only 1 brutal hot game, the opener. The next home game is at night (humid, but tolerable), then October 13th which should be a little cooler.
 - The next home games are Tennessee (shouldn't be a problem to sell tickets for), New Orleans (good), NY Jets (good)
 - Though a division game, the team struggles with attendance against Houston so I'm fine exporting that one.
 - The oddity is that there are no home games in November at all
 - Three December home games: Attendance will be dependent on competitiveness at this point.

Completely agree.

I do think they may face some challenges with club seats though. It looks like there are many available which does not surprise me. When we indicated we were not renewing, we were offered a 20% reduction to remain.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10006 on: April 25, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
Merry Draftmas!

Jags are back near the top of the draft. It just feels right, doesn't it?

As usual, I am hoping the Jags trade out and pick up more draft capital. Ba ha ha ha ha ha. Jags? Wanting additional draft capital?!?!

Ba ha ha ha ha.Damn, I amuse myself sometimes. But, I actually have a tiny bit of hope this year. I probably shouldn't. But I just can't help it. I feel like the loser scratching lottery tickets next to the trash can outside of Publix.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10007 on: April 25, 2019, 09:12:45 PM »
draft could not have gone better for the Jags. Would have preferred a trade but this is great. Thank you Oak, TB, and NYG.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10008 on: April 25, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »
draft could not have gone better for the Jags. Would have preferred a trade but this is great. Thank you Oak, TB, and NYG.

Right?! I can’t believe Allen was available.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10009 on: April 25, 2019, 10:17:40 PM »

Right?! I can’t believe Allen was available.

I am having a great night. Bruins win in OT and the Jags get Allen. I expect it is much nicer for my neighbors when my yells are happy ones and not f-bombs directed at Caldwell.(or Tom)

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #10010 on: April 26, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »
Things I like: pass rushers

Things I like: Josh Allen saying 'This is Sacksonville, right? Let's get it'

Things I like: Broadway Street in Nashville looked AWESOME!!! 

Broadway Street:
https://www.moderncities.com/article/2016-nov-tactical-urbanism-reimagining-nashvilles-broadway-ave

Things I like: Allen's son donning Jaguars cap on stage (although it didn't stay on long)

Things I like: Dave Caldwell's ability to find good players in round 2 and 3 of draft

pierre

« Reply #10011 on: April 26, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »
Allen was a great get for the Jags.

And Nashville looks like a great host. And probably reaffirms why the draft will never be here.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10012 on: April 27, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »
I love the NFL draft. We would have drafted our 2nd rd pick at 7! Can't wait for the "we had 2nd round grades on the day 48 picks.

But seriously, I like what the Jags are doing. A sensible approach.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10013 on: April 27, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »

And Nashville looks like a great host. And probably reaffirms why the draft will never be here.
Nashville looks awesome. Just goes to show how quick things can change when you cluster complementing uses within a compact setting.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #10014 on: April 28, 2019, 09:20:24 PM »

please don't mention this to the Jags #1 cheerleader - he is convinced that tearing buildings down will lead to a great downtown

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10015 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
Hmm....Nashville looking great will be the topic of tomorrow's main story! We'll need a hell of a lot more than a Lot J to be in the ballpark of what that scene looked like over the last few days. However, the Nashville scene didn't occur overnight. It's taken a good two decades!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

RiversideRambler

« Reply #10016 on: April 29, 2019, 03:40:44 PM »

This. Unfortunately.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10017 on: May 09, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
Telvin Smith "taking 2019 off". I assume there will be more to this story.

copperfiend

« Reply #10018 on: May 09, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »
There is clearly some personal stuff going on there. If he sits out an entire season, I'd be surprised if he comes back.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10019 on: May 10, 2019, 05:12:20 PM »
I predict Telvin will play this year.  He is just dreading training camp?