Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1470363 times)

ProjectMaximus

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9915 on: November 27, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »
Maybe McAdoo is buying a house in Ponte Vedra

^that would make sense if he had a new job locally.

I think that comment was made in reference to Bill Cowher, who it turns out did not have a new job locally.

I-10east

« Reply #9916 on: November 28, 2018, 01:17:43 AM »
I totally agree with the two latest moves from the Jags (Bortles taking the bench, and Hackett getting the axe). It sucks that Fournette had to do something so stupid vs BUF, and will be out next game vs IND. 

JaGoaT

« Reply #9917 on: November 28, 2018, 01:48:34 AM »
Dwayne Haskins

And with the 6th pick in the 2019 draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select _________________....

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9918 on: November 28, 2018, 09:13:36 AM »
Some mildly alarming Coughlin remarks for those hoping that the Jags in 2019 might actually recognize their mistakes and try some intelligent roster construction for a change.

Evidently their roster construction was sound and it was "the nature of the game that got us" and for us to remember that Bortles was "a whistle" away from taking them to the SuperBowl. Is the Caldwell delusion contagious?!? It was during his fund drive so I am hoping he doesn't really think that way.

On a positive note, there hasn't been any new extensions yet.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #9919 on: November 28, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
Some mildly alarming Coughlin remarks for those hoping that the Jags in 2019 might actually recognize their mistakes and try some intelligent roster construction for a change.

Evidently their roster construction was sound and it was "the nature of the game that got us" and for us to remember that Bortles was "a whistle" away from taking them to the SuperBowl. Is the Caldwell delusion contagious?!? It was during his fund drive so I am hoping he doesn't really think that way.

I wouldn't read too much into those comments. He also uttered the phrase in that interview, "back to the drawing board."

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9920 on: November 28, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »

I wouldn't read too much into those comments. He also uttered the phrase in that interview, "back to the drawing board."

I don't....as long as it  is a "new drawing board".

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9921 on: November 28, 2018, 09:58:35 AM »

I think Tom is still using chalk...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9922 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »

I think Tom is still using chalk...

I guess I will take that over Caldwell. He slaps some finger paint on a paper, puts it on his refrigerator and insists he's da Vinci. He probably still sees Blake as his Mona Lisa.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9923 on: December 07, 2018, 08:04:28 AM »
Jags fans......ummm.....what was that last night? I know Henry is the hometown hero but damn....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9924 on: December 07, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
Jags fans......ummm.....what was that last night? I know Henry is the hometown hero but damn..

Jags D- "Wait, there was a game last night?"

Personally, I blame Hackett.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9925 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »
Just keep on losing Jags. Get yourself in a position for a great draft pick.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9926 on: December 07, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
Just keep on losing Jags. Get yourself in a position for a great draft pick.

I agree.I  still can't believe Indy threw it almost every down and refused to kick field goals against a team that cannot score which pissed me off because I want them to lose out. Not so much for the better draft slot (but I will take it)but that is my only hope for real change with this incompetent yet oddly arrogant organization. My biggest fear is a 7-9 finish ( unlikely but Wash/Miami suck and perhaps the Texans have nothing to play for) and little change of philosophy because....."injuries".

civil42806

« Reply #9927 on: December 07, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
Jags fans......ummm.....what was that last night? I know Henry is the hometown hero but damn....

Well after that score, I changed the channel and watched the christmas cookie bakeoff on the FOOD channel, much more competitive.

Snaketoz

« Reply #9928 on: December 07, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »
I watched a total of about 10 minutes of the game.  The Jags have to be the most boring team to watch.  I'm looking for a house cleaning from top to bottom.  The coaching has to be a big part of this mess.  How can decent players lose their focus so quickly?  Bah, Humbug!

MusicMan

« Reply #9929 on: December 07, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
"Just keep on losing Jags. Get yourself in a position for a great draft pick."

Uh yeah. We've had incredibly good luck with high draft picks.

Recognize any of these names:  Blaine Gabbert (10), Justin Blackmon (5), Luke Joeckel (2), Blake Bortles (3), Dante Fowler Jr (3) ?

That in a nutshell is the principal reason for the crap we get to witness on the field.

But I do want to say I'm happy for Shad Khan. He bought a turd ($760,000,000). He still owns a turd. But it has supposedly gone up by $1.2 billion in value. Honestly if he could sell this franchise for that ($2 billion) this off season he should do it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:18:13 PM by MusicMan »