Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1452025 times)

Snaketoz

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9795 on: October 21, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »
That is the roll of shame MM.  I don't get it.  How could a team be this bad at picking talent?  I was beginning to believe the only way we were going to see another QB was for Bortles to be injured.  (Didn' want that to happen) Glad they finally made a change.  The rookie Kessler looks at least 3 times more polished than Blake.  Give him reps with the starting center and the first team offense this week and I KNOW on an even playing field he will beat out BB.  Move on Jags!  Trade all of your first round picks for additional picks in the later rounds and build a team.  Your record of picking in the first round is absolutely tragic.  The Jags can stop posing now.  Reality is setting in.  Settle down and beat Philly in London.

martt12

« Reply #9796 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:50 PM »
Tom Coughlin needs to swallow his pride and get Colin Kaepernick... but pride is a mother... smh

I-10east

« Reply #9797 on: October 22, 2018, 01:26:01 AM »
^^^Like he's any good on the gridiron. He is a great social justice advocate, I suppose. Asking for Kaep in 2018 = Tebow 2.0. Besides Kessler looked pretty damn good in there, considering the circumstances. 

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9798 on: October 22, 2018, 02:26:43 AM »
^^^Like he's any good on the gridiron. He is a great social justice advocate, I suppose. Asking for Kaep in 2018 = Tebow 2.0. Besides Kessler looked pretty damn good in there, considering the circumstances.

I agree. I can see wanting Kaep if he looked any good - but seriously. The Tebow analogy is pretty apt.

(That's not to say Kaep is a terrible player or that he's not any better than Tebow - it's just that he's too much of a risk, especially as he hasn't been playing. But I guess if the price was right, he'd be a decent option. And he'd sell a lot of jerseys and bring a lot of attention to the team, which isn't a bad thing - though it's a bit cynical to look at it that way).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:17:27 AM by Adam White »
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

copperfiend

« Reply #9799 on: October 22, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »
Tom Coughlin needs to swallow his pride and get Colin Kaepernick... but pride is a mother... smh

LOL, stop

MusicMan

« Reply #9800 on: October 22, 2018, 08:31:52 AM »
Kaep is the smart one here. He's gonna get $50 million from the NFL pretty soon without having to put his body at risk.

The Jags blew this, especially considering the team owner made it clear he disagreed with Trump (remember the London game?) and said he had no problem bringing Kaep in for a workout (last year).   Bortles still struggles to throw a decent spiral for God's sake!

copperfiend

« Reply #9801 on: October 22, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »
The Jaguars made a lot bigger mistake by not bringing in Alex Smith than they did by not bringing in Kaepernick.

MusicMan

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:13:40 AM by MusicMan »

Dapperdan

« Reply #9803 on: October 22, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »
Um, lest you forget, Kessler  started 0-8 with the BROWNS. Any QB just thrown in will likely look good at first because teams are not prepping for them. Put him in again and you will see what happens. I see no downside at all in trying Kaep for the remainder of the season or it will be another long long year with maybe no more wins. We keep going down in points early and are not built ( dog whistle for crappy QB) to come back at all.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9804 on: October 22, 2018, 10:44:26 AM »
Ok, now even I am worried about this season. I really wish the bye week was this week as unless the Eagles pull a Ravens-like London trip, I have little hope for next week. The good news is that I fully expected easy Jag wins over Dal/Hou so hopefully my brilliant game predictions continue.

The good news is that even if they lose next week, this crap division is very winnable and the Jags have a pretty pedestrian second half schedule even with 5 road games. The bad news is that Houston's is pretty easy too. (I have zero concerns about the Titans).

The offense is what it is and just has to protect the ball. I don't see a savoir walking through that door so if it is Bortles, I would like to see them take advantage of his running ability with more designed runs. If they start the "Kessler era", at least they have the Bye week to try to style the offense more for him.(whatever that may be with this roster. Best of luck, Hacket.)

Quite frankly, for any real hope this season, I am more concerned about the defense as they have to dominate for them to be a real contender anyway. (I expected the offense to be weak even prior to all the injuries).  Two very limited offenses have converted way too many third downs and the rush defense has not been great.

This is not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?
Hell No!
Lets get the dominant defense back (hopefully some turnovers), protect the f'ing football, maybe score some points in the first half(!), and lets win this shit division and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Who's with me?!?!

Snaketoz

« Reply #9805 on: October 22, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
Um, lest you forget, Kessler  started 0-8 with the BROWNS. Any QB just thrown in will likely look good at first because teams are not prepping for them. Put him in again and you will see what happens. I see no downside at all in trying Kaep for the remainder of the season or it will be another long long year with maybe no more wins. We keep going down in points early and are not built ( dog whistle for crappy QB) to come back at all.
Can't disagree with you on Kessler record with the Browns, but in the 2 seasons Kessler was there the Browns were 1-31! In the one win they had in 2 years, Kessler played.  Why not start Kessler next week?  Some may ask why would you play such and unknown QB.  I would think it's because Bortles is a known QB.  Playing on a team that is arguably better than the 2016 2017 Browns, he may be the spark needed.  Bortles has a rep that makes playing Cody even more sensible...Since the start of the 2014 NFL season, Bortles has coughed up at least two turnovers 26 times. He’s also turned the ball over a total of 90 times since he was drafted. Both of those figures represent the most in the NFL over that span.  Case closed.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9806 on: October 22, 2018, 02:06:58 PM »

Hell No!
Lets get the dominant defense back (hopefully some turnovers), protect the f'ing football, maybe score some points in the first half(!), and lets win this shit division and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Who's with me?!?!

(walks slowly back into forum)

This isn't the Jaxon I used to know. Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest season of our lives. But you're gonna let it be the worst. Not me. I'm not going to take this!

Wentz? He's a dead man!
Luck? Dead!

RapistBerger?!?!

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9807 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »

Hell No!

Who's with me?!?!

This isn't the Jaxon I used to know. Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest season of our lives. But you're gonna let it be the worst. Not me. I'm not going to take this!

Wentz? He's a dead man!
Luck? Dead!

RapistBerger?!?!

Thanks Blutarski.     

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9808 on: October 22, 2018, 04:18:26 PM »

Hell No!

Who's with me?!?!

Wentz? He's a dead man!
Luck? Dead!

RapistBerger?!?!

Thanks Blutarski.     

Not sure what the Homer is supposed to represent. Is it the disappearing act of the Bortles fan club posts lately?

MusicMan

« Reply #9809 on: October 22, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »
Lots of good stuff!!

My favorite comment about this offense:

"They aren't built to come from behind."   WTF

Read between the lines, "they aren't built to score many points."

Who the hell puts together an offense that can only win when they have a lead?  It's the freakin' NFL for God's sake.

"Our team can only win when they have a lead. We aren't built to score. Just protect the lead the other team gives us."

This is ridiculous!   Actually, paying $550 for a ticket to watch this team is ridiculous.