Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1454494 times)

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9780 on: October 19, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
I am little worried about a less than impressive crowd for the Texans.

I have to agree with you.  I was disappointed (not surprised) by the attendance at the Titans game.  This city couldn't sustain a 3 game homestretch.

Now with the back to back blowouts, I'd be happy to see 55k at the turnstile.

Which is why I'm 100% on board with the Jags London plans.  People truly don't want to understand that this is a business and the owners are out to make as much money as possible.  The money generated from a single game in London makes up for 3 regular (read:  Not the Pats, Not the Pack, Not the Steelers) games here.  As a season ticket holder, I would gladly give up another game or two here in Jax to ensure the viability of the team.

Besides, I like travelling to away games.  This year was the Giants and Dallas.  Next year will be London and either one of the NFC South games (probably Charlotte if available) or one of the AFC West games (hopefully Denver).
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9781 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:21 PM »

This what we plan on trying to do next year. The combination of trying to schedule around home games and the financial bath we are taking on our tickets is a bit much. (I don't mind supporting the local team but this is approaching charity level) We plan on buying single tickets to home games we can attend and try to mix in an away game or 2. Agree about Denver depending on time of year. We would go to Atlanta but we expect to go to that stadium in February :)

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9782 on: October 19, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9783 on: October 19, 2018, 07:32:53 PM »

We would go to Atlanta but we expect to go to that stadium in February :)

To see the Patsies or the Jags?

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9784 on: October 19, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »

We would go to Atlanta but we expect to go to that stadium in February :)

To see the Patsies or the Jags?

Hopefully the Jags ( whatever makes Mrs SMM happier...I'm a pretty smart guy) but If Bill can get the D to even below average (dicey), I am thinking it will be #9 for TB 12.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9785 on: October 19, 2018, 09:27:29 PM »
I am little worried about a less than impressive crowd for the Texans.

I have to agree with you.  I was disappointed (not surprised) by the attendance at the Titans game.  This city couldn't sustain a 3 game homestretch.

Now with the back to back blowouts, I'd be happy to see 55k at the turnstile.

Which is why I'm 100% on board with the Jags London plans.  People truly don't want to understand that this is a business and the owners are out to make as much money as possible.  The money generated from a single game in London makes up for 3 regular (read:  Not the Pats, Not the Pack, Not the Steelers) games here.  As a season ticket holder, I would gladly give up another game or two here in Jax to ensure the viability of the team.

Besides, I like travelling to away games.  This year was the Giants and Dallas.  Next year will be London and either one of the NFC South games (probably Charlotte if available) or one of the AFC West games (hopefully Denver).

The Chargers in LA would be fun with the smaller stadium footprint.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9786 on: October 19, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
The Chargers in LA would be fun with the smaller stadium footprint.

From what I read, they're pretty used to having opposing fans fill their stadium.
-Douglas Adams

I-10east

« Reply #9787 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
The Jags are making hella free agent moves during the regular season. I never saw anything like it; then again, it's seemingly a record year for injuries.

I-10east

« Reply #9788 on: October 19, 2018, 10:51:32 PM »
The Jags move up to the #19 spot concerning home attendance (without even having a home game from two weeks ago, and without London's help). I am STUNNED that the Redskins can't even average 60K (in a 82K seat or so stadium), esp for such a big city team; a 72.1 average home attendance percentage, Yikes!!! 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

MusicMan

« Reply #9789 on: October 20, 2018, 10:11:33 AM »
Ticket prices for my nosebleed seats (411) are $150 for Pittsburgh, $32 for Indianapolis.

Last year I paid $75 for the Seahawks game.

WTF

KenFSU

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9791 on: October 20, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9792 on: October 21, 2018, 05:51:08 AM »
Well this is random:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/10/19/18001558/chris-jericho-jim-ross-wrestling-promotion-shad-khan

Well, according to the article, Khan is "one of the wealthiest men on the world".

Just another American rags to riches story...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9793 on: October 21, 2018, 06:24:28 AM »
Well this is random:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/10/19/18001558/chris-jericho-jim-ross-wrestling-promotion-shad-khan

Well, according to the article, Khan is "one of the wealthiest men on the world".

Just another American rags to riches story...

I was mainly pointing out the weird "on the world" wording.

It's no secret he's a billionaire.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

MusicMan

« Reply #9794 on: October 21, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »
Looking for an answer why this team is so bad (let's be honest and call last year what it was, an aberration from the norm).  Here ya go:

Blaine Gabbert          10
Justin Blackmon         5
Luke Joeckel              2
Blake Bortles             3
Dante Fowler Jr          3
Jalen Ramsey             5
Leonard Fournette      4
Taven Bryan             29

And lest we forget picking Brian Anger while Russel Wilson was still on the board.

You'd be hard pressed to find another franchise which has gotten less from it's first round picks than this one.