Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1452026 times)

remc86007

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9750 on: October 15, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
St Shahid would prefer to continue to rape the taxpayers of Duval Co

Yep, and a lot of us will happily take it. I think the negative implications if the Jaguars were to leave are far worse than handing Kahn a couple million here and there for "projects."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9751 on: October 15, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »

Yep, and a lot of us will happily take it. I think the negative implications if the Jaguars were to leave are far worse than handing Kahn a couple million here and there for "projects."

Sure thing.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9752 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »

I think you have an interesting take on  what equals "a couple million"

By any chance are you considering a career in government? :)

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9753 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
Wow. I was at that disaster last night...didn't really ever feel like a game. Two takeaways for me:

1) Jags may be in trouble. A situation like this isnt the death knell, but the season is at a crossroads and it could very easily end in shambles. So we'll see if somehow things can get turned around. But plenty of previous super bowl winners have had moments in a season where things looked extremely bleak. Indy's championship season comes to mind, when the Jags (a non-playoff team) steamrolled them late in the year and the Indy D was in crisis mode with observers both on the inside and out wondering how in the world Indy would be able to stop any offense in the playoffs.

2) Wow...it felt like a TON of Jags fans everywhere. I haven't been to that many road games but it had by far the most away fans as any Jags game I've seen in Jax or away. It's hard to put a percentage on it but if I had to guess I would say over 25%? I mean it felt like there were definitely more Cowboys fans but they didnt outnumber us by that much. Our nosebleed section looked and felt closer to 50/50. We got heckled by the same few home fans it almost felt like they were in our house embarrassing us. Walking the concourses you'd literally see 5 to 10 pockets/groups of Jags fans every direction you turned. You could walk the entire stadium and continuously high five Jaguars without ever missing a step (this lasted about until 2-min after kickoff...not sure there were any high fives to be given after that) There even was a soft but admirable drone during our team's first few defensive stand attempts as we tried to make our presence felt, and I would imagine it could have been really something had we gotten to the point where we actually had some stops. Anyway, it was really shocking to me. Not sure if that's just the nature of an enormous stadium without a perennial juggernaut team or what. Our nosebleeds cost less than half of face value and the standing room tix that some of my friends got were under 25%.

For as much supposed talent this defense has, you wouldn't know it watching these games. Teams have the defense figured out.

If you have any type of mobile quarterback, you'll be good. Mariota, Mahomes, Prescott. The team had no answer for them. And here comes Desean Watson. This could get ugly.

I think this is a little overreaction. The defense shut down Mariota (albeit he was nowhere near 100%), and they slowed Mahomes down more than any team this season including the Patriots last night. Really the only disappointment by the D was yesterday, and it was indeed very awful. But it doesn't mean they have no answer for any mobile quarterback. Time to see what this team is made of. Could be a good wakeup call...or a sign that we're just not very good.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9754 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »
Well.....the Dolphins backed into a win! ;D
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9755 on: October 15, 2018, 10:07:55 PM »
I don't think embarrassing does today's performance justice. But if it will make Jalen shut up for a week, that would be nice.

However, I will hold off final opinion until I see some stats from NRW which may somehow show the Jags were actually great.

We're on to Houston.

I was there. 

It was bad.

There are no stats to defend that abortion.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9756 on: October 16, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »
I don't think embarrassing does today's performance justice. But if it will make Jalen shut up for a week, that would be nice.

However, I will hold off final opinion until I see some stats from NRW which may somehow show the Jags were actually great.

We're on to Houston.

I was there. 

It was bad.

There are no stats to defend that abortion.

I just assumed that the Jaguars and Dolphins switched defenses.

bill

« Reply #9757 on: October 17, 2018, 12:30:36 AM »
LOL so true

Lostwave

« Reply #9758 on: October 17, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:32:35 AM by Lostwave »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #9759 on: October 17, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9760 on: October 17, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »
That's good for Jacksonville and good for English football.

KenFSU

« Reply #9761 on: October 17, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »
Lots of talk coming out of the NFL owners meetings that there's significant concern about the viability of the Chargers in LA. Will be an interesting story to follow for the next couple of years.

Snaketoz

« Reply #9762 on: October 17, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
Why are we still talking about the Jaguars moving?  Why is there talk of Wembley and Shad Kahn moving to London?  Why aren't we talking of the ridiculous state of the Jag's team and why they still have fans?  This team is heading in the wrong direction and it isn't toward London.  I was hoping after last season the Jags were moving towards having a team that was capturing the loyalty and admiration of us Jacksonvillians who longed for an NFL team and after getting one, a team to make us proud.  I know all of you Bortles lovers and blind homers don't want to discuss it, but this team is committing one of the most famous, sure fire, mistakes to ruin a team that has ever been known....Keep making the same mistakes, over and over, keeping the same mindset and personnel, and thinking you're going to get a different result.  The Jaguars should have NEVER extended Bortles.  He is making a bad situation worse.  He is terrible for this team.  He is a jackass that is ruining young receivers, keeping our defense on the field too long, making too many bad decisions, and making $18 million a year.  Is there any other team in the league that would give anything to get Bortles?  Why haven't we moved on from him?  He is not an NFL caliber QB  Could our rookie be any worse? Kessler could do the same for a fraction of Bortles' salary, probably better.  I wish some of you that claim to believe in Bortles to speak up and let's discuss it.  He is the Jag's number 1 problem.  Let me know if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:04:59 PM by Snaketoz »

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9763 on: October 17, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
You're right Snaketoz...   Let's get rid of Bortles.

I can't really defend some of the throws he's made recently.  They've been bad.

You would think that we would run the ball a little more since he's in a bit of a slump?  Oh... hell, I forgot.  LF27 has been out, Yeldon is on one leg, Grant is on IR, Wilds doesn't know how to block and Charles just got here and couldn't get around the corner last week.  So running the ball isn't really an option.

Maybe build a game-plan around some easy throws to make so that he doesn't have to go deep?  Well, with no threat of a running game, defenses are able to sit back in a zone and keep their eyes in the backfield.  Crossing routes take time to develop and our 3rd string LT isn't very good.  Our pass-catching TE is on IR.  His replacement is now on IR.  Our rookie WR Chark is playing like a rookie WR.  Our #1 Lee going into the season was on IR before the season started... so that leaves us with who?  Moncrief, Westbrook and Cole. 

Maybe is we just let our Powerhouse defense keep the games close so that we can somehow scrape by?  Oh....  70 points given up in the last 2 games?  Only 3 INT for the season?  14 sacks through 6 games?  Damn...  I guess that's not really working.

Welp... I guess it's up to special teams to lead us to the promised land.  Let that young punter flip the field!  Let our returners do their return thing!  What's that you say?  Mickens on IR?  Tinker on IR?  So we don't have our returner and we're on our backup longsnapper?  Hell, I just thought the other ST units were faster.  I didn't realize that our punter is 2 yards closer to the line and the ball still isn't getting there fast enough.

After typing all that...  I can only come up with one, single fix that will guarantee us making the playoffs - Let's roll with Kessler.

After I hit return, I had one more thought....
And since we're already projected at $5M over the cap for next year, we should have ZERO problem absorbing Bortles $19M dead cap hit and should be in great position to replace him since he's our ONLY problem.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:05:16 PM by Non-RedNeck Westsider »
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9764 on: October 18, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
You're right Snaketoz...   Let's get rid of Bortles.

I can't really defend some of the throws he's made recently.  They've been bad.

You would think that we would run the ball a little more since he's in a bit of a slump?  Oh... hell, I forgot.  LF27 has been out, Yeldon is on one leg, Grant is on IR, Wilds doesn't know how to block and Charles just got here and couldn't get around the corner last week.  So running the ball isn't really an option.

Maybe build a game-plan around some easy throws to make so that he doesn't have to go deep?  Well, with no threat of a running game, defenses are able to sit back in a zone and keep their eyes in the backfield.  Crossing routes take time to develop and our 3rd string LT isn't very good.  Our pass-catching TE is on IR.  His replacement is now on IR.  Our rookie WR Chark is playing like a rookie WR.  Our #1 Lee going into the season was on IR before the season started... so that leaves us with who?  Moncrief, Westbrook and Cole. 

Maybe is we just let our Powerhouse defense keep the games close so that we can somehow scrape by?  Oh....  70 points given up in the last 2 games?  Only 3 INT for the season?  14 sacks through 6 games?  Damn...  I guess that's not really working.

Welp... I guess it's up to special teams to lead us to the promised land.  Let that young punter flip the field!  Let our returners do their return thing!  What's that you say?  Mickens on IR?  Tinker on IR?  So we don't have our returner and we're on our backup longsnapper?  Hell, I just thought the other ST units were faster.  I didn't realize that our punter is 2 yards closer to the line and the ball still isn't getting there fast enough.

After typing all that...  I can only come up with one, single fix that will guarantee us making the playoffs - Let's roll with Kessler.

After I hit return, I had one more thought....
And since we're already projected at $5M over the cap for next year, we should have ZERO problem absorbing Bortles $19M dead cap hit and should be in great position to replace him since he's our ONLY problem.

I think the only thing you left out is that they will still win the division by two games.