Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1404449 times)

ProjectMaximus

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9585 on: April 27, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »
This was a pick to help build for the future while we try and win with what we have now. That's how smart franchises operate and maintain long term success.

This post brings tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you.

Exactly. It's what the Patriots have been doing for a decade and a half now. Let's hope it works for us...

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9586 on: April 28, 2018, 06:50:34 AM »
A bit surprised Harrison was still available as the "2019 cap casualty draft" continues....

MusicMan

« Reply #9587 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
If big white dude can play then this is looking like a very good draft. NO sure if it was a possibility but would have loved to see them get Mason Rudolph.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9588 on: May 08, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
Good potential news for the future of the Jags. Marrone has purchased in San Marco so as long as he is receptive to my coaching tips, I expect great things.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9589 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:50 AM »
Don’t lead him astray with bad donut tips.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9590 on: May 08, 2018, 12:44:19 PM »

If physique has any bearing, I think Doug soliciting donut tips from me is about as likely as me asking for investment tips from Mark Brunell.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #9591 on: May 08, 2018, 02:12:33 PM »

If physique has any bearing, I think Doug soliciting donut tips from me is about as likely as me asking for investment tips from Mark Brunell.

Doug is more of a Bologna and Cheese guy. Turn him into a Donut guy!

KenFSU

« Reply #9592 on: May 11, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9593 on: May 25, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

DrQue

« Reply #9594 on: May 29, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
Interesting quotes in this publication from the current owners of Wembley. The local Jacksonville press would do well to investigate the basis of these statements.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars have been long-term users of Wembley Stadium for one or more of their regular season NFL matches over a number of years. As that relationship has developed they have made no secret of their ambition to bring the franchise to London. They have always had a great experience of playing at Wembley Stadium and the conversation about what long-term options were available has evolved. Over the last year this conversation has become more serious to the point when a formal and very credible offer was made. It was not directly solicited on our part."[/b]

"If the Jaguars move permanently to London the autumn internationals will be taken around the country which will enable more supporters to watch the team."

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/may/24/greg-clarke-fa-council-wembley-offer-240518

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:41:05 AM by DrQue »

77danj7

« Reply #9595 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:42 AM »
I saw someone tweet this last week but haven't heard anything about it from media or just local fan sites like Big Cat Country - interesting

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9596 on: May 29, 2018, 10:13:31 AM »
^ John Oehser acknowledged the Wembley comments in one of his Q&A columns over the weekend and dismissed them as inaccurate.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9597 on: May 29, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »
Obviously I'm a tad biased, but it's true that the NFL has made no secret in wanting to bring A franchise into London even though Khan continues to say that it's not his team moving.

But it seems that if A TEAM moves into Wembley permanently, then the FA has no issue moving their autumn games.

Like I said, I'm biased, but context is key.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

77danj7

« Reply #9598 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »
^ John Oehser acknowledged the Wembley comments in one of his Q&A columns over the weekend and dismissed them as inaccurate.

Thanks - I missed that one over the weekend then.
I don't think that Khan is doing everything that he's trying to do here just to move us.  I just hate these types of articles!

pierre

« Reply #9599 on: May 29, 2018, 10:28:26 AM »
As that relationship has developed they have made no secret of their ambition to bring the franchise to London.

Anybody printing a comment like this is just showing how uninformed they are.