Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1404750 times)

I-10east

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9570 on: April 22, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »
That schedule is pretty scary (esp the first half). We have a very talented team though, and luckily no West Coast road games. :)

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9571 on: April 22, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »
The Jags have the 6th easiest schedule. With 3 straight home games, they need to get off to a hot start.

KenFSU

« Reply #9572 on: April 22, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
^Easiest, if you go by adjusted Pythagorean wins!
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

RattlerGator

« Reply #9573 on: April 23, 2018, 08:01:55 AM »
The "easiest schedule" prognostication is often wrong because the fortunes of the teams change so much, year to year.

We need to win early in the heat, we need to win in London, we need to have announced that we own the AFC South before that last month+ of games begin. Meaning: hopefully the other three teams beat up each other and are just below .500 and we are well above that percentage by December.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9574 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:50 AM »
How great was it that last night didn't seem like the Jags Superbowl?  Very pleased with the pick at 29 especially with DT an automatic 2019 cut due to cap constraints.

It was nice not to care about the top of the draft although for a moment I thought The Colts were going to get Chubb. The gift bag of picks from the Jets was bad enough.

MusicMan

« Reply #9575 on: April 27, 2018, 07:56:09 AM »
WTF

Jaguars needs.    O line.  Line backer.  Wide receiver.  Back up QB.

WTF.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:58:23 AM by MusicMan »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9576 on: April 27, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »

WTF

Jaguars needs.    O line.  Line backer.  Wide receiver.  Back up QB.

WTF.  This dude was not on any draft experts first day board. Not one. 

WTF

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #9577 on: April 27, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »
lol - let's see how the rest of the weekend goes.

While I was confident they weren't going QB in Round 1, and I wouldn't have been happy with a Middle Linebacker (remember, the third corner plays more than the third linebacker), I figured they'd go O-Line unless they were in love with a TE/WR.

I was surprised by a DT too, but two things come to mind:

1. Despite the defense's reputation, they were 21st against the run last year - not exactly elite.
2. The D-Line is far and away the most expensive position group on the team. There's no way they can keep Campbell, Jackson, Jones, Dareus, and re-sign Yannick.

I'm guessing they effectively replaced and upgraded Dareus/Jones.

Again, let's wait for at least tonight before we all jump off the Dames Point.

Downtown Osprey

« Reply #9578 on: April 27, 2018, 09:28:43 AM »
As a Gator, the kid is very raw but has a TON of upside. This pick has Coughlin written all over it and what a better group of guys to learn under than our seasoned defensive  line. This was a pick to help build for the future while we try and win with what we have now. That's how smart franchises operate and maintain long term success.

CityLife

« Reply #9579 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:24 AM »
Pretty sure Bryan will play both DT/DE. His 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone times at the combine were pretty close to the first round DE’s, so he’s clearly got a strong burst off the line.

My biggest concern is that he’s coming from a 4-7 team. Is this guy ready for bigtime football and does he know what it takes to win?  ;)

MusicMan

« Reply #9580 on: April 27, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
I had forgotten we picked up stud Pro Bowl o line dude ___________ in free agency.

I hope for best. We still need wide receiver help.  And linebacker. Who replaces  Poz?

MusicMan

« Reply #9581 on: April 27, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
You can hear plenty of discussion from the Jaguars experts on 1010XL right now.

For what it's worth, he is clearly described by EVERYONE as a project player, not a proven commodity. A red shirt Junior with 5.5 sacks in his career.....   And considering this was not a position of need, that is my gripe...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:14:12 AM by MusicMan »

CityLife

« Reply #9582 on: April 27, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »
Hard to judge his output MM. I believe he received quite a bit of double teams last year, as UF’s DLine and LB were relatively average. He was the main focal point of opposing teams game plans. I remember before the UF-FSU game hearing that he was the only front 7 player that concerned FSU’s coaches, and he was subsequently double teamed quite a bit. He’s definitely got potential.

Usually you can get good WR in the second round (Robison and Lee). So hopefully the Jags go there next.

funwithteeth

« Reply #9583 on: April 27, 2018, 11:25:55 AM »
A WR in a later round or a serviceable one in free agency. It's not like this team's going to be throwing the ball a bunch; why waste a 1st on that position?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9584 on: April 27, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
This was a pick to help build for the future while we try and win with what we have now. That's how smart franchises operate and maintain long term success.

This post brings tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you.