Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1332304 times)

Lostwave

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9495 on: February 12, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »
It is still 70k without the tarps?

It feels like with the removal of the NEZ seats for the cabana area and the club seat reconfiguration that it would be lower than that.

It is.  It was 77k before the new Clubs and Cabana (no tarps).  The Buffalo game saw nearly 70k including standing room only.

Its 84k for Florida Georgia with the additional bleachers.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:12:53 PM by Lostwave »

MusicMan

« Reply #9496 on: February 12, 2018, 03:14:53 PM »
I think it's safe to say "Georgia-Florida" for the next several years......... 8)

blizz01

« Reply #9497 on: February 12, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
I'm sure they're also anticipating more nationally televised games next year too - being relevant in the division, and sexy matchups coming to town (Pittsburgh and New England).

KenFSU

« Reply #9498 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »
You guys are right, I forgot that the 70k for the untarped Buffalo game also included standing room tickets.

That said, even with our first home playoff game in 20 years, anyone there that day knows that at least 15,000 of those tickets were purchased by Bills fans.

You guys might vehemently disagree, but I think 60k is the ideal sweet spot for this market. I know we can't because of Florida-Georgia, but I'd rather see seats removed or sections re-purposed than seats added.

Even with a great team this season, there were still tons of open seats in the non-tarped sections for every game except Seattle, and we still needed to rely on visiting teams to help pad sales.

68,000 seats are going to be really hard to fill and keep filled until Jacksonville grows a little bit more, and the second you put them back on if you realize they're more than the market can bare, all the same tired jokes about relocation are going to come back.

Also, in the perception vs. reality department, I wish there was something that could be done to incentive people in the upper deck to actually sit in their seats, rather than watch the game from the Bud Zone. When you've got thousands of people buying tickets in the upper decks but watching the entire game from the Bud Zone, it really adds to the perception than the local support isn't there too.

I do, however, love the decision to lower concession prices down to only $5 for hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, and the other stadium staples. If you're going to flood the market with additional ticket supply, it makes a lot of economic sense to lower the price of the game day experience.

Can't wait to see the unis in Spring, even though I'm really hoping the shield comes back.

Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9499 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
Great news,better keep winning though

pierre

« Reply #9500 on: February 13, 2018, 08:53:05 AM »
According to the T-U, Coughlin was involved in the uniform re-design.

That will be a good thing as I doubt he would allow anything dumb like the 2013 and 2009 re-do's.

ProjectMaximus

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9502 on: February 15, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »
The Jaguars and city have to develop Lot J and/or shipyard in order to be seriously considered.

RattlerGator

« Reply #9503 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
Yep. There's no way they even look at Jax if that Duval Live! thing doesn't come into being and work as a good event spot.

copperfiend

« Reply #9504 on: February 16, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Yep. There's no way they even look at Jax if that Duval Live! thing doesn't come into being and work as a good event spot.

I think it will take more than that too.

KC is one of the finalists. And from what I understand would likely be in the P&L District, possibly at Sprint Center. That area is saturated with restaurants, bars and hotels.

We can put down stuff in the parking lot. But until the area around the stadium grows (which it may never do), I don't see this event coming here.

KenFSU

« Reply #9505 on: February 16, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
^I agree,.

Draft doesn't, and shouldn't, happen in Jacksonville until the Shipyards is fully developed and a true downtown entertainment district exists.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #9506 on: February 16, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »

RattlerGator

« Reply #9507 on: February 16, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
I think it's safe to say "Georgia-Florida" for the next several years......... 8)

!&*^%$#!

Sick of you damn Noles.  ;-)

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9508 on: February 19, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »
Just checked our invoice and our season tickets are going up another 12%.(We were part of the club seat renovation so now up 60% in 3 years even excluding the old 3 year commitment deal) With the average increase supposed to be 10%, it will be interesting to see how this works out with the combination of the tarps being removed.
Hopefully the Jags will have another great season but if not, it could get dicey again for 2019. Home schedule will be pedestrian(AFC east opponent undetermined).

In my world, there used to be a commonly referenced phrase... Bulls make money, Bears make money, but Pigs get slaughtered.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9509 on: February 19, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »
I suspect that the Jags won’t have any issues selling tickets this season. A lot of prime-time games with a good chance of playing a home game on Thanksgiving.