Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1332303 times)

ben says

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9315 on: January 17, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

Also, there's little chance that more than one of the trio of Robinson, Hurns, and Lee is retained.

You don´t think we´ll keep ARob and Hurns? I could see Lee going...but can´t imagine us losing one of our two ´primary´ guys..

Then again, I don´t know crap about cap space or how the finances of a team work!
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9316 on: January 17, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
^ I am pretty certain we will retain ARob.

I think Hurns is unlikely to stay since his salary would be $10 million for this year and he can be let go without much of a cap hit.  Not that I lack affection for Hurns, but he doesn't have the size advantages of ARob or the speed of Cole/Westbrook.  And the Jags are going to need that money (as well as the savings from Ivory and a few others who may be cap casualties, such as Nortman) to upgrade at guard, either retain Colvin or replace him at nickel if he leaves as a free agent, either pay Blake or replace him with a similarly priced quarterback...

Lee, a free agent, might stay if the price is right, because I think his speed makes him more valuable than Hurns.  But I'd expect a team overpays for him.

Sadly, we may see Lewis go as a cap casualty too.  Though he's demonstrated he is still a more than capable blocker, I'm inclined to think the Jags draft a receiving tight end who isn't inept as a blocker and roll with Koyack as the primary blocking TE.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9317 on: January 17, 2018, 09:16:48 PM »
^ I am pretty certain we will retain ARob.

I think Hurns is unlikely to stay since his salary would be $10 million for this year and he can be let go without much of a cap hit.  Not that I lack affection for Hurns, but he doesn't have the size advantages of ARob or the speed of Cole/Westbrook.  And the Jags are going to need that money (as well as the savings from Ivory and a few others who may be cap casualties, such as Nortman) to upgrade at guard, either retain Colvin or replace him at nickel if he leaves as a free agent, either pay Blake or replace him with a similarly priced quarterback...

Lee, a free agent, might stay if the price is right, because I think his speed makes him more valuable than Hurns.  But I'd expect a team overpays for him.

Sadly, we may see Lewis go as a cap casualty too.  Though he's demonstrated he is still a more than capable blocker, I'm inclined to think the Jags draft a receiving tight end who isn't inept as a blocker and roll with Koyack as the primary blocking TE.

Hurns' cap number isn't $10 million. Also, he is a different WR than Cole/Westbrook. With that said, analystics state that WR/RB are the easiest positions to replace.

Colvin is going to get a big pay day. Teams will overpay for a 26 yr old corner.

I think Lewis will be back but maybe under a re-structured deal.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9318 on: January 18, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »

Teams will overpay for a 26 yr old corner.

Especially coming from Super Bowl winners.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9319 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
Looks like Brady is really hurt, so I am loving the Jags here.
Thus, if anyone knows anyone reputable locally who would accept a decent size wager purely for entertainment purposes (I am not winking, I have grapefruit juice in my eye), please pm me. (not a fan of online betting for entertainment).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:04:28 PM by sanmarcomatt »

MusicMan

« Reply #9320 on: January 19, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
Supposedly hurt by one of his own teammates.... LOL

I would plan on him being ready Sunday.

copperfiend

« Reply #9321 on: January 19, 2018, 09:19:09 AM »
I am sure Brady will play.

But I don't think you can ignore that he missed practice on Thursday.

I don't know the Jaguars game plan on defense. But I don't think it will be to NOT hit Brady on his right hand. Maybe a nice Ngakoue slap on that hand is in the works.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9322 on: January 19, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
Supposedly hurt by one of his own teammates.... LOL

What other possibility are you thinking....an opposing player infiltrated their practice?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9323 on: January 19, 2018, 09:35:34 AM »
^LOL. Hurt by the equipment manager who forgot to let the air out of the balls.

Of course Brady will play. And obviously isnt too affected, otherwise they would've brought in another QB. They aren't worried about it.

MusicMan

« Reply #9324 on: January 19, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »
I'm telling you what was reported, in case you were not aware....

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:39:00 AM by MusicMan »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9325 on: January 19, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »

Of course Brady will play. And obviously isnt too affected, otherwise they would've brought in another QB. They aren't worried about it.

Drew Bledsoe is honorary captain. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9326 on: January 19, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »

Drew Bledsoe is honorary captain. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

If you're saying what I think you're saying...then that means they really aren't worried about Brady at all.

ben says

« Reply #9327 on: January 20, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »
Anyone follow Barstool Sports? It seems their (usually Tom Brady/Pat-centric) posters are totally obsessed with Bortles, calling him the B.O.A.T (Best of all time), posting numerous interviews, and otherwise calling him ´the people´s QB´

Sure, I´m sure there´s some mockery involved, but it´s fucking hilarious and well worth the clips. If you read the comments, you´ll see thousands (yes, thousands) of people calling Bortles their ´new favorite NFL player´..ha

(The full Bortles interview, which is pretty f´ing retarded, is on YouTube...Good for some laughs though!)

Between Barstool, Laces Out Show, and Bortles Facts...this guy is gaining some traction.
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

KenFSU

« Reply #9328 on: January 21, 2018, 08:57:35 AM »
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9329 on: January 21, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
I saw that video a few moments ago lol, pretty awesome. Go Jags