Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1421920 times)

copperfiend

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9225 on: January 11, 2018, 04:08:53 PM »
Eagles game will be in London next year. Great home slate just took a major hit but at least it isn't Pats or Steelers.

From a competitive standpoint, that would actually be the game I'd want transferred (that or the Redskins). While there certainly are fans here of Philly and DC, they and the Jags aren't rivals at all. Plus, they matter very little in the tiebreakers (just in the "common games" one and below).

That Redskins/Jags game will be in week 1 as Kirk Cousins faces off against his former team

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9226 on: January 11, 2018, 06:39:09 PM »
So Jacksonville needs to work on this "being in the playoffs" thing. A send off from 2:30-3:30 in City Hall? Really?
My favorite part is that the "Gameball that Marrone gave the city" will be on display!!!! I wonder if we can touch it.

http://jacksonville.com/metro/news/2018-01-11/mayor-lenny-curry-leave-work-early-friday-and-support-jaguars

MusicMan

« Reply #9227 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
Pretty sure if we can get 5 picks against Big Ben this time, we got a great chance to win....

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9228 on: January 11, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
Eagles game will be in London next year. Great home slate just took a major hit but at least it isn't Pats or Steelers.

From a competitive standpoint, that would actually be the game I'd want transferred (that or the Redskins). While there certainly are fans here of Philly and DC, they and the Jags aren't rivals at all. Plus, they matter very little in the tiebreakers (just in the "common games" one and below).

That Redskins/Jags game will be in week 1 as Kirk Cousins faces off against his former team

Lol
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9229 on: January 11, 2018, 11:08:51 PM »

I prefer the Eagles game to be in London. There should be some competitive advantage for the Jaguars. Hopefully, the game isn't FL/GA weekend.

Lostwave

« Reply #9230 on: January 12, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »
It was probably inevitable that it was the Eagles game switched to London...Eagles had never played there and the NFL is trying to get to where all 32 teams have played there.  I think they will be at 29 after this season?  Plus there is a general emphasis on interconference games going to London, and with the Jags having several other highly desirable home dates this year (Patriots, Steelers) there were going to be fewer tears about taking one of the marquee opponents away.

As of the 2017 season, five of the 32 teams have not played in the International Series: the Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans; however, the Eagles, Seahawks and Titans are scheduled to play in London in 2018. Seattle played a game outside the United States in 2012, but it was not part of the International Series. The Houston Texans have never played in London, but played an International Series game in Mexico City.

That leaves Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers never international, and Houston Texans never in London.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9231 on: January 12, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »
I don't pretend to be a doctor but perhaps Ramsey-Itis has left him feeling weak and soft. I have heard this is a common ailment among #1 WR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905606/article/injuries-brown-misses-steelers-practice-with-illness

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9232 on: January 14, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »
Fyi, the Jags are playing kind of an important game today. Winner earns the right to get throttled in Foxboro next week!

Odd fanbase. Jags suck and there is a billion posts. Two wins away from Superbowl and crickets.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9233 on: January 14, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
Since I nailed it last week with my Jags blow out prediction:

Hacket's game plan will be to have #5 try to win this game and not just "not lose it".

It pays off. Jags 21-16

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9234 on: January 14, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
Boom!

Aggressive Hacket and a pick!

FU Rapistberger

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9235 on: January 14, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
Damn I love the Steelers. A linebacker for a QB and a toss sweep on 4th and inches. Ba ha ha ha ha.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #9236 on: January 14, 2018, 02:01:58 PM »

Hacket's game plan will be to have #5 try to win this game and not just "not lose it".

It pays off. Jags 21-16

Dude, you’re a prophet...Jags at 21 now

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9237 on: January 14, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »

It pays off. Jags 21-16

hopefully way low.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #9238 on: January 14, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »

It pays off. Jags 21-16

hopefully way low.

There’s a lot of game left.  I hope Jacksonville stays in the right place mentally. 

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9239 on: January 14, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Boom!

See you in Foxboro.

Game Ovah.