Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1421919 times)

ProjectMaximus

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9045 on: December 10, 2017, 11:51:38 PM »
So who's ready to hit the road?? I'm bummed I won't be able to make it to a wild card game, even if it's in Jax.
Divisional I can do...best case scenario would be in Jax...which is a long shot but is plausible if the Ravens hold on tonight. If it's in PIT or NE I'm ready to fly. Same for the conference championship, should we be so fortunate. And Minny?? OK I admit maybe I'm riding too high off that win. But the mistakes on D are totally fixable and otherwise the Jags were dominant in that one.

That was the best Bortles has played since he’s been here I think. Awesomeness!

Yes, quite possible.

MusicMan

« Reply #9046 on: December 11, 2017, 12:12:35 AM »
Great game. Bortles played well. No turnovers.  There were a few times I would have liked to see him run, there was open field in front of him. Other than that a really entertaining game. Lots of big plays. Not used to seeing that at Everbank Field.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9048 on: December 11, 2017, 09:16:33 AM »
Yawn. It was the shootout everyone expected.

Crowd was much better with  a bump of about 3000. Of course, there was quite a few Seahawk fans so it will be interesting to see what next weeks game looks like.

I expect little drama the rest of the way and will be surprised if the Jags do not have division clinched in 2 weeks. The Titans suck.

And, unless the ridiculous injuries finally catch up with the Pats tonight in Miami ( and where they have struggled in the past ), I see little chance of a bye. After they play each other on Sunday, The last 2 games for the Steelers and the Pats are a joke.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9049 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
^ Yes, the chance of a bye pretty much died with Pittsburgh beat Baltimore.  Had the Ravens won that, and Pittsburgh then lost to New England, we'd have had a tiebreaker on Pitt assuming the Jags won out.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9050 on: December 11, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
One story from the stands:

We had a few "twelves" near us and I had on my Pats SB 49 hat for good Karma. On the last Seattle drive when they had it 3 and 1 from the 49 and made the moronic decision to have Wilson drop back which resulted in a huge sack, I laughed and announced that they should have run Lynch!

Oddly, The Twelves didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9051 on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
^ That was very naughty of you, SMM.

To think you would insult an upstanding organization whose man of the year candidate dives at players' legs to try to end their careers, because he's mad that his prediction of winning the game by 50 points went awry.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:53:15 AM by Wacca Pilatka »
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #9052 on: December 11, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
Seattle Times sports columnist...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/sore-losers-thats-too-soft-a-label-for-how-the-seahawks-reacted-at-end-of-loss/

That whole ending was a clown show, but Michael Bennett pisses me off the most. Cheap, cheap shit. I hope the league comes down hard on him for that.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9053 on: December 11, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »
^ That was very naughty of you, SMM.

To think you would insult an upstanding organization whose man of the year candidate dives at players' legs to try to end their careers, because he's mad that his prediction of winning the game by 50 points went awry.

The end of that game reminded me of the end of SB 49....they pulled the same punk bullshit. Bennett better be suspended for that.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9054 on: December 11, 2017, 10:28:53 AM »
One story from the stands:

We had a few "twelves" near us and I had on my Pats SB 49 hat for good Karma. On the last Seattle drive when they had it 3 and 1 from the 49 and made the moronic decision to have Wilson drop back which resulted in a huge sack, I laughed and announced that they should have run Lynch!

Oddly, The Twelves didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.

Awesome. Reminds me: https://youtu.be/OFP_q4WNnbI?t=29s

manasia

« Reply #9055 on: December 11, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »
Really proud of the home team with this win.
The race is not always to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor satisfaction to the wise,
Nor riches to the smart,
Nor grace to the learned.
Sooner or later bad luck hits us all.

DrQue

« Reply #9056 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
Great game for the team. Hopefully Blake can keep this going for everyone's sake.

The couple of fans who threw drinks at the ejected Seattle player really did a disservice to the city. The Seahawks players embarrassed themselves during the kneel-downs, but a handful of our knuckleheads gave the media an opportunity to cast negativity on each side.

Really, it is too bad the actions of a few fans are being talked about in the same breath as what we saw the Seahawks do, but that is the media world we live in. I think players intentionally trying to injure opponents in the victory formation is more of a story than drunks throwing things.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9057 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »
^ Agreed.

Though I hasten to point out that Seahawks fans famously threw objects at an injured 49ers player a couple years ago while he was being carted off the field.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw beer and Gatorade.

Henry J. Klutho

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9058 on: December 11, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »
Reports this afternoon are that the NFL will suspend no one from the Seahawks.

If this doesn't call for an end to Roger Rex's reign of arbitrary justice, I don't know what does.

Henry J. Klutho

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9059 on: December 11, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »
Reports this afternoon are that the NFL will suspend no one from the Seahawks.

If this doesn't call for an end to Roger Rex's reign of arbitrary justice, I don't know what does.

Well they do play the Rams next week....   Can't have them underperforming because of the Jags.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams