Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1274339 times)

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8955 on: November 17, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »
How does the amphitheater matchup to previous venues?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #8956 on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
How does the amphitheater matchup to previous venues?

Earlier this year, the NFL held the draft at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and blocked off the entire area.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15489362/philadelphia-nfl-draft-host-2017-future-nfl-draft-locations

The 2015 & 2016 drafts were held in Chicago in Grant Park. The 2018 NFL Draft will be held at AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

The amphitheater would work well with the draft setup. The key to the presentation is how will the Jags/city handle the flow of fans and where do they setup the interactive fan events. 

I-10east

« Reply #8957 on: November 18, 2017, 06:58:09 AM »
It's a shame that with that past political tension, Jax (the hardest hit team IMO; Biggest military town in NFL, small market pop) hasn't even averaged 60,000 (just short), even with the help of the London game. Without the political BS (which I mainly blame the inept commish Roger Goodell among others) Jax would've averaged at least 64K (with a team that's looking like they are going to the playoffs the first time since '07). Thank God for the income with Daily's Place this year.

I'm sure that many of you think that Goodell did a great thing with the anthem folly, and by constantly running down the NFL, I'm just sure of it.... Politics = oil, sports = water. Nothing is benefited from it, just losses losses losses. I'm glad that these morons in the sports liberal establishment have finally taken somewhat of a chill pill from the volatile divisive rhetoric that they spew on a regular basis. Isn't it great getting back to sports? 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8958 on: November 20, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
Everbank Field
Sacksonville, FL

Dear Santa,

We know you are very busy this time of year so we are sending a group letter.

All we want for Christmas is a Quarterback so we have a chance to get beyond the Divisional round.

Thank you,

Tashaun,Barry, AJ, Jalen,Aaron,Myles,Paul,Telvin,Malik,Calais,Abry,Yannik,Marcell, and Dante.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8959 on: November 20, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
It's a shame that with that past political tension, Jax (the hardest hit team IMO; Biggest military town in NFL, small market pop) hasn't even averaged 60,000 (just short), even with the help of the London game. Without the political BS (which I mainly blame the inept commish Roger Goodell among others) Jax would've averaged at least 64K (with a team that's looking like they are going to the playoffs the first time since '07). Thank God for the income with Daily's Place this year.

I'm sure that many of you think that Goodell did a great thing with the anthem folly, and by constantly running down the NFL, I'm just sure of it.... Politics = oil, sports = water. Nothing is benefited from it, just losses losses losses. I'm glad that these morons in the sports liberal establishment have finally taken somewhat of a chill pill from the volatile divisive rhetoric that they spew on a regular basis. Isn't it great getting back to sports? 

If politics and sports don't mix, why don't people complain about military flyovers, the national anthem, the flag, etc at basically all major sporting events?

Clearly, it's more an issue of certain politics don't mix with sports.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Snaketoz

« Reply #8960 on: November 20, 2017, 08:55:22 AM »
Everbank Field
Sacksonville, FL

Dear Santa,

All we want for Christmas is a Quarterback so we have a chance to get beyond the Divisional round.

Thank you,

Tashaun,Barry, AJ, Jalen,Aaron,Myles,Paul,Telvin,Malik,Calais,Abry,Yannik,Marcell, and Dante.
It's impossible to upgrade now, but the Jaguars won't get far with the current QB, or the backup for that matter.  I think it's unbelievable how well the team is doing in spite of Blake.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8961 on: November 20, 2017, 09:20:19 AM »
Good to know the Jags can win when playing 11 on 18 against an opponent plus the officiating crew, as has been the case the last two weeks.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

avonjax

« Reply #8962 on: November 20, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »
Everbank Field
Sacksonville, FL

Dear Santa,

Thank you,

It's impossible to upgrade now, but the Jaguars won't get far with the current QB, or the backup for that matter.  I think it's unbelievable how well the team is doing in spite of Blake.

It's getting very tiresome how much people in Jax, even with a winning record, continue to bash BB. Is he a great QB? No. Is he a bad QB? No. He's probably middle of the pack. But my real issue is how we forget 4 of our offensive players are out. AR for the season and yesterday two starters on the line and our #2 WR. It's just fashionable to trash Blake but look at what some of the younger highly touted QB's did yesterday and this season. I'll stick with BB for now. Just be happy where we are and hope we can get our banged up players back. Blake has played much better this year.

avonjax

« Reply #8963 on: November 20, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »

Maybe you should include the right wing moron in the WH who has elevated this problem to where it is.
It's always some kind of liberal media you guys blame. Now the liberal sports media? Wow! Just stupid bias on your side.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8964 on: November 20, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »

It's getting very tiresome how much people in Jax, even with a winning record, continue to bash BB. Is he a great QB? No. Is he a bad QB? No. He's probably middle of the pack. But my real issue is how we forget 4 of our offensive players are out. AR for the season and yesterday two starters on the line and our #2 WR. It's just fashionable to trash Blake but look at what some of the younger highly touted QB's did yesterday and this season. I'll stick with BB for now. Just be happy where we are and hope we can get our banged up players back. Blake has played much better this year.

Thank you.

Seven picks in the last 12 games, with one of those having stretched the definition of interception to bizarre extremes since the ball was in James O'Shaughnessy's hands for two weeks before Shazier ripped it away.  Really, the only truly bad decisions he's made all year were the chucks in the 4th quarter against the Chargers.

Also, some of those celebrated young QBs who we were all complaining were better than Blake last year don't look so good right now.  Mariota has 10 picks this year but is still feted as a superstar on Thursday Night Football.  Derek Carr has regressed and is making strange decisions.  Jameis Winston eats his own hand in attempts to motivate his team, to say nothing of his off-field problems.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #8965 on: November 20, 2017, 10:58:47 AM »
Everbank Field
Sacksonville, FL

Dear Santa,

Thank you,

I will say, aside from the fumble, this wouldn't be the poster child game to bash the QB. The offensive line was terrible yesterday, and he was throwing to an injured Marqise Lee, Keelan Cole, and Dede "200 Yard" Westbrook. I'm not all-in on Blake, but this isn't the game to decide why.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8966 on: November 20, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
MetroJacksonville Offices
Jax, Fl

Dear Santa,

We know you are very busy this time of year, so we are sending a group letter.

All we want for Christmas is a sense of humor when it comes to non-positive comments on Blake.

Thank you,

MJ BB5 Apologists

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8967 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
^ In fairness to Westbrook, he'd have had 16 more yards if he lived in a world where having both feet in bounds while controlling the ball is considered a catch.

Henry J. Klutho

remc86007

« Reply #8968 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »
The weather was crappy yesterday, but in many of the drives we had to punt on, Bortles seemed to make worse decisions than what an average back up would have. He seems unable to (or perhaps told not to by the staff) audible out of run plays when they clearly are destined to fail. He throws to the check down when people are open downfield. He throws downfield into double coverage. He fails to use his (relatively good) running ability when he should. Instead of taking a couple yard loss on a sack he tries to heave the ball errantly forward, risking a fumble or pick. He's not awful, just disappointing in that he seems to be the weakest link on the team. Hopefully with his line back in place he'll be better again.

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #8969 on: November 20, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »
I think that sums it up.

Bad? No.

Weakest link? Yes.