Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1276601 times)

MusicMan

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8610 on: September 20, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
Seems like they wasted the entire pre-season evaluation period on the guy then let him go.  WTF?

And brought in no "competition" for BB. et al....

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8611 on: September 20, 2017, 01:51:02 PM »
Or they underestimated others' evaluation of him and planned on sticking him on the practice squad with an option to bring him up later in the season if needed.

He had to clear waivers first (which he didn't) and then he's fair game while on the practice squad to be signed by any team, but depending on how the agent gets along with the front office, the Jags possibly would have had a chance to match whatever contract was offered by another team and sign him to the active roster then.

Nassib is Plan B.  I think due to the familiarity with the coaching staff, they figured it would be a safer bet than bringing in someone else.  I still don't think he sees the field unless Bortles starts getting nicked up too much and Henne can't do anything.

Like it or hate it, I think it's ride or die this year with Bortles under center.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #8612 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »
Has this guy taken a snap in a regular season NFL game?

Ok I found it. 10 career pass attempts in New York.  Good thing there are no experienced QB's out there looking for work..........

It's not possible to look at this coaching staff and say they are doing everything possible to win.  Especially when Khan is open to bringing in Kap for a workout.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:35:36 PM by MusicMan »

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8613 on: September 21, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »
Has this guy taken a snap in a regular season NFL game?

Ok I found it. 10 career pass attempts in New York.  Good thing there are no experienced QB's out there looking for work..........

It's not possible to look at this coaching staff and say they are doing everything possible to win.  Especially when Khan is open to bringing in Kap for a workout.

Dude, you're so hung up over this Kaep thing and it's not gonna happen.  If you want to support the guy here ya go http://kaepernick7.com/.  You should make a $10k pledge to ease your heart and mind.

But if that's not for you, then maybe this is:

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #8614 on: September 21, 2017, 12:24:51 PM »
You're missing my point. We are a f%$king losing franchise. Pretty much permanently.  The joke is that "coaches don't want the distraction."

From what? Another 3-13 season?  They (Coaches/ GM) are supposed to earn their $ 3-4  million dollar salaries by trying to put the best team on the field.

Giving Kap a workout is the smart thing to do, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE BILLIONAIRE OWNER SAYS HE IS FINE WITH IT.
Then if he pales in comparison to Henne and Hassib (sound like a Cognac) we know it.

What sucks is not giving a proven NFL QB a chance. 

But if your OK with it (Bortles and Hassib) fine.  I only bought one other ticket for this year ( Dec 10.) anyway.

P.S. I truly don't give a sh$t about the Jaguars, but I do want AT LEAST a competitive NFL team to go watch if I choose. We have not been that for a long long time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:27:36 PM by MusicMan »

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8615 on: September 21, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »
Kaep is better than what we have based on what?

The Bears didn't sign him or work him out before giving Glennon a contract.

The Bills didn't sign him or work him out before sticking with Taylor.

The Jets didn't....  well, they're the Jets.

The Dolphins didn't sign him or work him out, they grabbed Cutler out of retirement.

The 49rs released him with Gabbert being the only other QB on the roster and then signed Hoyer.

The Ravens are the only team that has even considered it (if you want to call it that) and we see where that went. 

Other than your hard-on for replacing one bad QB for another, I really have no fucking clue what you see in the guy that 20+ other franchises obviously are missing.  There are too many players on rosters who's talent supersedes whatever baggage they might be lugging around for me to believe that his unemployment is totally because of his political stance.  And there are plenty of players (currently employed) that have joined him in his views, Michael Bennett being the most pronounced, and I don't see those players losing any playing time because of it.
-Douglas Adams

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #8616 on: September 22, 2017, 10:09:16 AM »

It's called sample size.  You know, where Kaep, when he had a good coach and talent around him almost won a super bowl and almost made another.

Other than your hard-on for replacing one bad QB for another, I really have no fucking clue what you see in the guy that 20+ other franchises obviously are missing.

The fact that you shouldn't be scared of alienating the most vocal, moron, mouth-breathering dipshits who have somehow conflated a silent protest about police brutality into: disrespecting troops, disrespecting America, being a communist, and on and on and on? I guess I see that, whereas the pusillanimous owners chicken out and don't? These guys are scared that fucking Baked Alaska is going to boycott them on Twitter.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #8617 on: September 22, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
PS you are all still wrong about the SF stadium: https://twitter.com/colinresch/status/911042367771119617/photo/1

Papa33

« Reply #8618 on: September 22, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
This week's game has a do or die feeling for me and the outcome will set the tone for the rest of the season.  If they lose, then I have stinking suspicion that we are looking at another 3-4 win season.  If they win, then you are looking at least a .500 season and hope for a playoff team next season.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8619 on: September 22, 2017, 04:25:24 PM »
^ Feels a lot like last year's week 3 game against Baltimore in that respect.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Snaketoz

« Reply #8620 on: September 23, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »

It's called sample size.  You know, where Kaep, when he had a good coach and talent around him almost won a super bowl and almost made another.

Other than your hard-on for replacing one bad QB for another, I really have no fucking clue what you see in the guy that 20+ other franchises obviously are missing.

The fact that you shouldn't be scared of alienating the most vocal, moron, mouth-breathering dipshits who have somehow conflated a silent protest about police brutality into: disrespecting troops, disrespecting America, being a communist, and on and on and on? I guess I see that, whereas the pusillanimous owners chicken out and don't? These guys are scared that fucking Baked Alaska is going to boycott them on Twitter.
X2

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8621 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:20 AM »
Doesn't get any better then breakfast with the Jags. I will take the ugliest win in NFL history, something along the line of 5-3.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8622 on: September 24, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »
What a crock. In an out-of-town hotel and figured I'd watch a little Jags before heading out. Instead of covering an actual football game, all we get here is politicos and retired players debating Trump's comments, player's reactions and the national anthem. Got to find me a brunch place that also shows the actual games.  >:(
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8623 on: September 24, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
This is glorious. Ravens are my most hated team. I would like a Harbaugh-Cam in the second half please.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8624 on: September 24, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »
This is glorious. Ravens are my most hated team. I would like a Harbaugh-Cam in the second half please.

Just scroll back and forth.

You're welcome.
-Douglas Adams