Author Topic: Go JAGS!  (Read 16525 times)

Charleston native

Re: Go JAGS!
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
...Also, its time for the old 'Fins record to be squashed.
Hmmm...uh, no. HELLLLLL NO!!  :P

Ditto what Lake said. Think of the Dolphins record as an historical building. Hey, don't we like preservation here at MetroJax?  ;) I'll be pulling for anybody to beat these Pats...maybe the Giants/Packers could do it, but I'd rather not be stressed out during the Super Bowl. I'm a Chargers fan right now.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:34 AM »
You can defeat it by winning 19 games versus the 16 the Dolphins played.

The Dolphins will still have their historic building but the Pats could have shiny new modern building right next door that is 3 games taller...  ;)

Records are meant to be broken and by winning 19 consecutive games over the old set of 16 is a record breaking season.  Hell, if the NFL goes through with adding another regular season game (as rumored) someone could step up and break it all over again.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
That's a technicality.  The game played then was very different to how its played now.  While there are now two more games in a season, the rules have also changed to allow offenses to move the ball better and score more points.  The Brady/Moss/Welker connection would not put up the points it did this year if roll blocking, cutting receivers, and making physical contact with them downfield were still allowed.  As for the longest consecutive winning streak, the Patriots already own that.  They won 21 in a row between the 2003 and 2004 seasons.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

copperfiend

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »
I think the Dolphins is more impressive when you look at who they were playing against in the AFC. Noll's Steelers, Madden's Raiders. These are some of the all-time great teams.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »
If the Pats beat the Packers in the super bowl they will have beaten 8 of the other 11 playoff teams including a the Manning led colts.
Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.
Conservative writer George Will

KenFSU

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »
What a fantastic win in Pittsburgh...again! Well soxfan, as a Fins fan first, Jags second, I was hoping that they would play the Pats because if there's a team to upset the Pats, I think the Jags can do it. And now, after San Diego's win, the Jags will go to Foxboro. As a Fins fan, I really hope the Pats get beat by Jax. I despise Tom Brady and Bellicheat (oops, Freudian slip!), and I want my Fins to remain the sole undefeated team in a season.

However a win up there is not my final wish for the Jaguars. I want them in the Super Bowl, as well. Go Jags, not just for the Fins, but for the city of Jacksonville also!

Bump.

10 years ago, we were going into Pittsburgh in the playoffs to try to beat Big Ben and the Steelers for the second time in a season, with the winner going on to play the Patriots.

Here we go again.

GO JAGS.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Snaketoz

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
What a fantastic win in Pittsburgh...again! Well soxfan, as a Fins fan first, Jags second, I was hoping that they would play the Pats because if there's a team to upset the Pats, I think the Jags can do it. And now, after San Diego's win, the Jags will go to Foxboro. As a Fins fan, I really hope the Pats get beat by Jax. I despise Tom Brady and Bellicheat (oops, Freudian slip!), and I want my Fins to remain the sole undefeated team in a season.

However a win up there is not my final wish for the Jaguars. I want them in the Super Bowl, as well. Go Jags, not just for the Fins, but for the city of Jacksonville also!

Bump.

10 years ago, we were going into Pittsburgh in the playoffs to try to beat Big Ben and the Steelers for the second time in a season, with the winner going on to play the Patriots.

Here we go again.

GO JAGS.
I hope the outcome is better this time.  Go Jags!

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 08:38:27 PM »
Well, hopefully it's not windy and snowing. I remember that being the case in '97.

On second thought, hopefully it is very windy and snowing.

RattlerGator

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
Temps in the mid-40s, little chance of rain. Looks good for a Jaguars victory.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Foxboro+MA+02035:4:US

Snaketoz

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
Congrats on proving you belonged in the AFC championship game.  In 2018 I hope you do even better.  Can you please beat the Titans twice this year?

ben says

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
Can you please beat the Titans twice this year?

+1000
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)