Author Topic: The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Mike Hogan  (Read 15235 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Mike Hogan
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:06:40 AM »
The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Mike Hogan

With the runoff election fast approaching on May 17th, let's take a look at the top priorities that mayoral candidate Mike Hogan will pursue as mayor.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-apr-the-issues-by-mayoral-candidate-mike-hogan

Garden guy

Re: The Issues by Mayoral Candidate Mike Hogan
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »
So basically he's trying to defund our society...ban abortions..give everyone gun?....hmmm...nope this right wing conservative will not have my vote...

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:04 AM »
I like his school adoption program idea.
Lenny Smash

Garden guy

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:29:08 AM »
We would'nt need ad adoption program for schools if he and his kind had'nt spent the last years defunding our schools...it is his ideas like his party that have put our schools in such dire straights...don't let him schmooz ya....

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »
We would'nt need ad adoption program for schools if he and his kind had'nt spent the last years defunding our schools...it is his ideas like his party that have put our schools in such dire straights...don't let him schmooz ya....
Don't worry I know what led to the problem.  Just one good idea on a list of nonsense.
Lenny Smash

buckethead

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
I got nothing from that.

But there was this:
The socioeconomic indicators scream to us that this school should be a failure. In fact, 81% of the children at Upson receive free or reduced lunch.

I can see taxpayer savings in our future.... YESSSS!!!

CUT THOSE TAXES!

CUT THOSE TAXES!

repeat...

tufsu1

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »
my favorite is how he plans to cut taxes and "the wasteful spending of City hall liberals"...I suggest people take a look at the growth in budget for the Tax Collector's office over the last 8 years!

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
I should have ran for mayor and just shouted, "I will cut your taxes"! I might have had a pretty good chance of winning. Where the heck is his vision for our City and its future?

dougskiles

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »
Straight from the last paragraph:

As Mayor I will explore every opportunity for job creation and economic development within our City. Everything is on the table. I will continue to explore opportunities for partnering with the DOD to utilize our assets at the Cecil Commerce Center.

Would that include reversing consolidation?  Or spending some time (no consulting money needed) studying it?  I think the results would be astounding.

buckethead

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »
I should have ran for mayor and just shouted, "I will cut your taxes"! I might have had a pretty good chance of winning. Where the heck is his vision for our City and its future?
You're gonna need to do something about preserving the sanctity of life and the second amendment. (I like to call these the live and let die binary precepts)

Where will we end up if our next mayor doesn't protect us from a city council that is determined to undermine these founding principles?

Then there's this whole illegal immigration thingy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:19:56 AM by buckethead »

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
There is no proof that cutting taxes stimulates the economy.  We have learned from many cities that this is not the case.  I see his plan as short sighted and if Rick Scott is any prophecy of what is to come....I don't want Mike Scott...I mean Mike Hogan leading this city.  Oh he does seem like a really nice guy, but you know that just does not cut it!  Sorry Mike!

tufsu1

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »
Straight from the last paragraph:

As Mayor I will explore every opportunity for job creation and economic development within our City. Everything is on the table. I will continue to explore opportunities for partnering with the DOD to utilize our assets at the Cecil Commerce Center.

Would that include reversing consolidation?  Or spending some time (no consulting money needed) studying it?  I think the results would be astounding.

actually I read this as possibly opening Cecil back up as a military base....wonder how his westside supporters would feel about that?

JSquared

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »
Gun control, abortions, and illegal immigration. Now, if I could just get his stance on Libya and budget issues in California, I'd be all set to make my decision.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
Gun control, abortions, and illegal immigration. Now, if I could just get his stance on Libya and budget issues in California, I'd be all set to make my decision.

hahahaha. +100. You have his stance on California, btw. They're a bunch of hippy-dippy pinko commie liberal welfarers. And they're in the deepest debt hole because they give all the budget to evil poor people and allow gays to marry, not because CA is the biggest population and economy in the US by far in a time when the whole economy is struggling.

..I don't want Mike Scott...

Michael Scott would actually be awesome. He's unconventional, but he gets the job done. And he really cares. And he's awkward.

I like his positions that illegal aliens can't get licenses, but they can get guns. I will never understand this radical support of gun proliferation masked as 2nd amendment patriotism.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:12:23 AM by PeeJayEss »

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
Seriously - this is like the worst platform I've ever seen anyone run on for a local office.  Unreal.  Even Peyton's was better in 2003.