Author Topic: 20 West Adams opening in November?  (Read 1726 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
20 West Adams opening in November?
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »
20 West Adams opening in November?

One of downtown's longest running reconstruction projects is ambitiously scheduled to be complete next month.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/614

big ben

Re: 20 West Adams opening in November?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
they could open in november if they use pre-made rooms, similar to what they do on cruise ships.  even then, they'd have to have an army of workers.  i wonder if they'll try to do something about the view of the other vacant buildings. 

Dapperdan

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »
What happened to The Loop opening on the ground floor?

vicupstate

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:40:53 AM »
Personally, I think November 2008 is do-able, if they get to a more typical construction pace.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

RiversideGator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »
I talked with someone who works at the Loop's HQ and he said that the City backed out on incentives for them so the Loop was not coming in that space.  Originally it was to be a franchise owned by the same guys who own Chew but they have apparently moved on.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »
they could open in november if they use pre-made rooms, similar to what they do on cruise ships.  even then, they'd have to have an army of workers.  i wonder if they'll try to do something about the view of the other vacant buildings. 

A parking garage is proposed next door, as a part of the One12 development.  When that goes up, the view of the vacant buildings will be gone.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali