Author Topic: St. Johns Town Center II Photo Update  (Read 6825 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
St. Johns Town Center II Photo Update
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
St. Johns Town Center II Photo Update

Phase 2 is supposed to open this month.  Here's where things stand as of October 6, 2007.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/611

willydenn

Re: St. Johns Town Center II Photo Update
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:09 AM »
It's too bad these stores aren't going downtown instead.

big ben

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:45:24 AM »
it's almost getting big enough that they need a people-move of some sort.  otherwise, they're going to have people parking at one end and driving to the other and backing up their parking-lot traffic.  perhaps a rail-trolley could be useful.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
The Louisiana Boardwalk shopping center in Shreveport, less than half the size of the St. Johns Town Center, includes a small streetcar line to run shoppers from one end to the other.  Anyway, I can't see why Ben Carter would pay for such a thing when shoppers will just drive from one end of the center to the other if they don't want to walk.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/274/119/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:57:41 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

big ben

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »
The Louisiana Boardwalk shopping center in Shreveport, less than half the size of the St. Johns Town Center, includes a small streetcar line to run shoppers from one end to the other.  Anyway, I can't see why Ben Carter would pay for such a thing when shoppers will just drive from one end of the center to the other if they don't want to walk.

they would take it if it were free and easier than driving.  i'd definitely take it, but i like to leave my car behind when i go anywhere.

copperfiend

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
Something like the pic above would be awesome and get a lot of use. But it won't happen.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
It won't happen because it would cost the developer money.  There aren't many of them in the business of losing money.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

big ben

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »
It won't happen because it would cost the developer money.  There aren't many of them in the business of losing money.

if only the business of losing money made money, then everyone would be doing it.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »
That is where city planners would step in and require some sort of transit option for developments of that scale.  Eventually that plan can be enlarged to connect other points of interest via a regional transportation system.  A little vison, that's all it takes.

RiversideGator

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 02:41:54 PM »
When does Phase 2 officially open for business?  I know the word was October, but that is here and it doesnt look ready to me.  Anyone know?

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »
I'd imagine the rain has set them back a week or two.  My guess would be mid November.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
October 26th has been the Grand Opening date for a little while, but it doesn't look like all of the stores will be ready.  I know urban outfitters, abercrombie, and a couple others will for sure be open on the 26th.

I-10east

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
It's too bad these stores aren't going downtown instead.

Wow, what a surprise that someone went there; Everytime something is not built in DT, it's a blight in this city; Gotcha. Hey guys, I'm back, and I'm ready to raise some hell ;D

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »
Welcome back I-10.

hightowerlover

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
any clue as to why some of the buildings in those pictures appear to have a second story?