Bono's Bar-B-Q Video Contest: Top Prize Worth $2,000February 17, 2014 0 comments Print Article
Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q is the sponsor of "If you don't see a pit, it ain't legit" video contest on MetroJackonville.com. The competition comes with a top prize that is worth $2,000.
Enter the Contest Here
This is what you need to know:
1. The theme of the contest is "If You Don’t See a Pit, It Ain’t Legit.", so stick closely to that theme. (see the video at the top of the page for an example)
2. Create a 30 second video.
3. Be creative. Be funny. Be fun. Be spontaneous. Be dramatic. Be [insert your word choice].
4. Submit your video (There is an entry form. We think you'll find it).
5. Alert your friends family, supporters, and people you owe money to that you need to get votes. Get them to vote in the contest. We'll share your video on all of our available platforms. You do the same.
6. The top five videos with the highest votes will enter the final round of judging.
7. Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q's elite group of judges will decide which video earns the Grand Prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize awards.
8. The winner will be announced on May 29, 2014 at Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q 65th Anniversary Event.
More of what you need to know:
1. The contest is open to anyone 13 years of age or older. If you are legally considered a minor we will need a parental/guardian release form.
2. You'll need to have a release for every identifiable person involved in the video advertisement.
3. The video can only include original work. If you include anything you do not have rights to use, be it music, logos, footage, pictures...anything, your video will be disqualified.
4. Upon submission you grant us the rights to use your video and release all intellectual property rights of your video to Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q.
5. Everything else you need to know you will find in the official rules of the contest.
Grand Prize Winner:
$1,000 USD and $1,000 Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q Gift Card.
2nd Place Winner:
$500 Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q Gift Card.
3rd Place Winner:
$250 Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q Gift Card.
For the next three months Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q is hosting the "If You Don't See A Pit, It Ain't Legit" Video Contest on MetroJacksonville.com. MetroJacksonville.com will feature videos from the contest as well as provide an insider/behind-the-scenes look at the Bono's franchise.
Lou Bono launched the first Bono's in Jacksonville off of Beach Blvd in 1949. Joe Adeeb, took over the concept in 1980 and grew it into a 21 restaurant business without changing the "old school" ways of Pit BBQ. Apparently, heating up meat in plastic bags and pouring sauce over it is good enough for a lot of BBQ restaurants, but not for Bono’s.
Bono's went in the opposite direction as they expanded. They focused much of their energy and effort on continually increasing the quality of their meats and keeping the cooking methods traditional. Each restaurant has a Pit and a "Pit Boss", who smokes everything in-house low and slow and finishes it on a live Pit. Everything is cut to order and NEVER pre-prepared.
Josh Martino, COO & Legal Council, is purposeful about the direction they are taking the restaurant and how they source their ingredients. He travels to farms and ranches across the country to evaluate their methods, taste the product and determine whether it lines up with their principles and quality standards. We'll be able to see and hear how and why meats and produce are chosen. And, although, they are secretive about certain trade secrets, they'll probably share a few tips on how to cook better BBQ at home.
To be clear, the video contest is a promotion that they are holding on the MJC platform and Bono's is a sponsor of the site. In our conversations with them; however, we thought it would interest MJC readers to have insider looks at how the Jacksonville restaurant operates and they are happy to share.