More Downtown Mixed-Use: Beaver Street Villas

July 12, 2013 16 comments Open printer friendly version of this article Print Article

605 North Broad Street opened as the Central Hotel in 1912, serving black patrons during the Jim Crow Era. What is now known as the Jacksonville Urban League originated out of one of its storefronts. Now, one of a few historic LaVilla landmarks still standing, the Clara White Mission has plans to refurbish this this structure. Here is a look at what has been conceptually proposed.



Seeking conceptual approval, on July 11, 2013 this presentation was presented to the Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) as DDRB Application 2013-011. The applicant is proposing to refurbish the abandoned three story Center Hotel building located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Beaver and Broad Streets.

























Update by Ennis Davis, AICP. Contact Ennis at edavis@moderncities.com


 PREV 1 2