JTA Transit Ridership NumbersOctober 7, 2010 100 comments Print Article
Ever wonder how many people take advantage of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority's (JTA) services on a regular basis? Metro Jacksonville shares statistics that show the agency's most maligned transit mode may actually be the most popular with local riders.
Fixed Bus Route Ridership Comparison Report - FY2010
Of interesting note, a route extension to serve the Jacksonville Farmer's Market (suggested by Metro Jacksonville in 2007) has led a 60% increase in ridership on the Beaver Street Trolley.
Daily Skyway Ridership - FY2010
As of July 2010, since October 2009, monthly ridership on the Skyway Express has increased by 14,649 riders.
Routes With Highest Ridership
1. 72,267 - CT1 FSCJ-Dunn-Main/Mandarin - 62% growth
2. 58,129 - K2 Grand Park-Amtrak/Beach Blvd. - 4% growth
3. 56,931 - L8 Lem Turner/Ramona - 3% growth
4. 52,453 - BH 1 Regency-Atlantic-South Beach - 2% growth
5. 52,009 - L7 Soutel/Avenues - 4% growth
6. 44,375 - Skyway Express - 18% growth
7. 44,080 - Q3 Myrtle Avenue/Roosevelt-103rd - 4% growth
8. 41,050 - University Park-Regency - 5% growth
9. 38,792 - Moncrief B - (-3% growth)
10. 31,783 - B7 Commonwealth / Baymeadows - 5% growth
BOLD:Route with highest ridership per mile
Skyway APC/Turnstile Comparison Report - FY2009
Skyway APC/Turnstile Comparison Report - FY2010
Skyway APC Monthly Ridership Report by Station
Central, Hemming Plaza and Rosa Parks are the most well used Skyway stations.
Ridership by Transportation Mode - July 2010
On-time Performance by Transportation Mode - July 2010
FY2010 YTD System-Wide Total Ridership Comparisons
Source: Jacksonville Transportation Authority
100 Comments so farJump into the conversation