Author Topic: Our City Council at work  (Read 1536 times)

sanmarcomatt

Murder_me_Rachel

Re: Our City Council at work
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:35:01 AM »
"Councilwoman Katrina Brown later drove to the scene and accused the officers of pulling him over, as well as running her license plate that same night, because they are black."

Fucking assholes like this are why credulous white people insist there is no police brutality or that police officers don't unfairly target black people. 

acme54321

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
How is Brown even on the city council?  Wasn't she involved in essentially stealing hundreds of thousands from the city for a failed BBQ sauce company?

jlmann

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:44:15 PM »
"I got a ticket for going 25 mph over the speed limit.  Must be racism."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »

Who said that?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

lowlyplanner

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »
After reading the TU story, and the comments (shudder...), I think it's important to remember that Gaffney was trying to use his status as an elected official, not his race, to try and get out of a ticket.

In my personal experience, that tendency is shared by black and white elected officials.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »

Were  you shot in the back?

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 12:18:50 PM »
After reading the TU story, and the comments (shudder...), I think it's important to remember that Gaffney was trying to use his status as an elected official, not his race, to try and get out of a ticket.

In my personal experience, that tendency is shared by black and white elected officials.

Yeah, but, per the same article, Brown WAS using race.

I am certainly not saying tons of black people dont get pulled over every single day because they are black-- because that is true. But this was not such a case and shame on her for saying that.

NotNow

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
MMR, you should try a ride along.  It is very difficult at night to tell the race of the operator of a vehicle.  Being stopped for "driving while black" is not nearly as common as you are led to believe.
Deo adjuvante non timendum

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »
MMR, you should try a ride along.  It is very difficult at night to tell the race of the operator of a vehicle.  Being stopped for "driving while black" is not nearly as common as you are led to believe.

And could become impossible if everyone used Dove. I thought this HAD to be fake news:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/08/news/companies/dove-apology-racist-ad/index.html