Author Topic: Police are called to Walmart more than anyplace else - and you foot the bill  (Read 1130 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
Police come to shoo away panhandlers, referee parking disputes and check on foul-mouthed teenagers.

They are called to arrest the man who drinks a 98-cent iced tea without paying and capture the customer who joyrides on a motorized shopping cart.

The calls eat up hours of officers’ time. They all start at one place:

Walmart.

Full article: http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2016/public-safety/walmart-police/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Snaketoz

If at all possible, we avoid doing any business with Walmart.  They have contributed to the demise of American retail.  They have lowered the prices of their Chinese products so low, other retailers that carried American made, quality merchandise had to import their goods too, just to stay in business.  They don't pay insurance in most cases and their employees are dependent on taxpayers and charity for healthcare.  Walmart makes me ill.

Murder_me_Rachel

I red that article when it came out.  It's insane.  My company used to do vendor work for Wal-Mart and (like anyone didn't know this) they really are the WORST.  They'd nickel and dime us on every single damn thing because they knew they could.

Gunnar

If at all possible, we avoid doing any business with Walmart.  They have contributed to the demise of American retail.  They have lowered the prices of their Chinese products so low, other retailers that carried American made, quality merchandise had to import their goods too, just to stay in business.  They don't pay insurance in most cases and their employees are dependent on taxpayers and charity for healthcare.  Walmart makes me ill.

That's the sad trend in business. If you look at all the new Internet based companies, this is their advantage - avoid paying taxes, outsource production as much as possible, get around rules and regulations....

Oh - and the cheapening is just one side of Wal Mart's success - IT was another strong side very early on, so another parallel.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner