Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 660 times)

lupacexi

Hi everyone
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been following Metro Jacksonville for a while and feel I should propery introduce myself before participating in the forums.

I live in Germany and first came to the NE Florida Region as an exchange student in 1990 and lived in Orange Park for a year. Have been back ever since then - I guess the Jacksonville "curse" friends told me about - sorta like the Hotel California lyrics - you can check out any time you like but never leave - holds true.

In the beginning I'd be back up to three times a year, enjoyed local nighlife (Einstein's at first, then the Milk Bar, Club Five and others) the area and friends. Even did an internship with the COJ in 1998 (when I would wander around downtown during lunch breaks or after work).

Over time this got less (you know, time & money) but I have started coming back - last time a month ago.

Basically I love the area and its people (just wish politicians and developers would mess it up a bit less) and if I ever strike it rich I have already found a nice place I'd love to get downtown - the Jones Bros. Furniture building  :)

Looking forward to discussions on the boards !

jaxnyc79

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been following Metro Jacksonville for a while and feel I should propery introduce myself before participating in the forums.

I live in Germany and first came to the NE Florida Region as an exchange student in 1990 and lived in Orange Park for a year. Have been back ever since then - I guess the Jacksonville "curse" friends told me about - sorta like the Hotel California lyrics - you can check out any time you like but never leave - holds true.

In the beginning I'd be back up to three times a year, enjoyed local nighlife (Einstein's at first, then the Milk Bar, Club Five and others) the area and friends. Even did an internship with the COJ in 1998 (when I would wander around downtown during lunch breaks or after work).

Over time this got less (you know, time & money) but I have started coming back - last time a month ago.

Basically I love the area and its people (just wish politicians and developers would mess it up a bit less) and if I ever strike it rich I have already found a nice place I'd love to get downtown - the Jones Bros. Furniture building  :)

Looking forward to discussions on the boards !

I love Germany!  Have been about 6 times, most recently to Munich for a wedding in June.  Hamburg and Berlin over Thanksgiving in 2015!  Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Ulm in other years. The city I find most livable is Hamburg.  At any rate, welcome to the message board.  I am in Jax very often to visit the parents, but I currently live in New York City.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:52:32 AM »
Welcome aboard!  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Tacachale

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:14:13 AM »
Welcome aboard! What part of Germany are you from?
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
Wilkommen! Guten tag, Bekannte!!