Author Topic: BuyGo grocery coming to Springfield and NW Jax  (Read 1167 times)

Bill Hoff

BuyGo grocery coming to Springfield and NW Jax
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »
"It reminds one of what might happen if a mom-and-pop bodega married a Fresh Market and had a beautiful baby: Beneath the shade of an enormous live oak, you’ll find everything you need, organic, non-GMO, clean foods, local produce, household essentials that are chock full of safe, natural and gentle ingredients, be it detergent, lotion, sugar, cereal or beer."

Read more: http://folioweekly.com/stories/cartfuls-of-heart,18437

One note: Springfield, at least the Historic District neighborhood, is not a food desert.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:25:22 PM by Bill Hoff »

remc86007

Re: BuyGo grocery coming to Springfield & NW Jax
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but where is this going to be?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »
Article says 7th and Main. Sounds great. Opening a location in Moncrief as well sounds astounding!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »
Thanks, didn't see that when I skimmed the article on my phone. My wife and I are super excited for this! We should be moved into our new house in Springfield by the end of December and this will be wonderful to have. I imagine it will be a huge success since Springfield residents seem fiercely loyal to local businesses (eg. Crispness, Hyperion, Social Grounds).

Jomar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
That's very exciting!  SPR has really needed a solid neighborhood grocery store option in addition to Harvey's.  Every additional business in the 1600-1800 blocks of Main contributes to gaining critical mass that will draw more businesses and people from outside Springfield to the area. 

On that note, any update on the opening dates for 6th & Main or Flour & Fig?  Also, any chance the Florence Court Apartments at 8th and Main could be sold and the bottom floor re-converted to storefronts?  The property appraiser shows that Duke Properties, Inc., HQ'd at Monroe and Washington, has owned it since 1984.  Does anyone know if that's even a possibility?

Bill Hoff

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 06:43:26 AM »
^ check out the Superette at 7th & Pearl (a legit mom & pop corner grocer).

Flour & Fig is/was ambitiously shooting for Fall opening - we all know things in Jax take 6 months longer than projected. My guess is early 2018.

Florence Court Apartments are Section 8 housing. Maybe a year or so ago, they causal spoke about fixing the building up a little on the outside, but nothing came out of it.

A great opprotunity on that block is the former Carl's Restaurant in the SW corner of 8th & Main, across from the Florence Court Apts. It's been unused for a couple years now. The female owner/partner is just sitting on it, she's turned away several interested suitors.