Author Topic: Jacksonville Bachelor Party Help  (Read 2838 times)

Wacca Pilatka

Re: Jacksonville Bachelor Party Help
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
Besides Cowford Chophouse: Capital Grille at St. Johns Town Center is a small chain, and the restaurant's in a mall outparcel, but it has quality steaks and good service and a large alcohol selection. 

Not sure if River & Post will be open by Nov. 13 but they look to have a good menu and rooftop bar that will command a great view of the city.

Check with Steve Mullen at fishhunter.net if you're interested in chartering a day or half day of fishing.  He's a great guy, knows where the fish are, and has licenses and bait and tackle taken care of.  His boat isn't big enough for the whole party but if everyone's interested in going, I'm sure he could refer you to someone with similar amenities and a bigger boat.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:19:40 PM by Wacca Pilatka »
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
Capital Grille at St. Johns Town Center is a small chain

LOL.  I counted 58 Capital Grille locations on their web site.  Not so small to me  ;).  And, to add, Capital Grill is owned by Darden Restaurants, the largest full service operator in the world with 1,700 outlets and 175,000 employees.  They also own Longhorns, Olive Garden, Seasons 52, Bahama Breeze, Cheddar Scratch Kitchen, Yard House, and Eddie V's.  Until a few years ago, they also owned Red Lobster.  For fiscal year 5/17, they did over $7 billion in sales.  The company currently has a market cap of over $10 billion.  If you are in Orlando, you can drive by their huge corporate HQ's campus around the corner from International Drive.

Sorry to pop your bubble on Capital Grill being closer to Mom and Pop than not.  I will add we have always enjoyed the food and service so there with you on that.

Snaketoz

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 09:51:53 PM »
Two more craft breweries at the beaches-Southern Swells and Engine 15.  My son loves the brew at Southern Swells.  Both are on Beach Blvd., a major artery between Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
Did not realize there were so many Capital Grilles, or the affiliation with Darden.  That said, the steak is quite good.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 01:35:52 AM »
As for golf I appreciate the other course suggestions as about only about 4/10 of us are actually golfers, so to get the rest to pay over $250 a round is alot to ask.  I love the Bud tour idea, we had also discussed doing a stadium tour not sure if anyone has done one before and if they enjoyed it or not.

Jax Beach Muni is a decent track - not great, not horrible, but if you're just looking to go out, have some beers and knock the ball around, you can do it for $30ish per on Friday afternoon.

If you want something nicer that's not overly tough, you could drive out to Orange Park (if you're getting a rental car/van) and it'll be about 45 min from the beach and you've got a couple solid options Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island, Eagle Landing & CC of OP.

I know the pro pretty well at Fleming and CCOP, so if you're up for the drive I could get you onto either for the cart fee ($25).
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
Was hoping more for a 1 off steakhouse vs a chain.

According to news reports today, Cowford Chophouse will be open on Oct 26th. So they'll even have a week to work out the kinks before you arrive!

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
I vote for Pete's. My favorite little dive with good drinks, friendly staff, and a rockin' jukebox. Best kept secret on the beach!

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
And for a quick tasty bite before going to Pete's try Bar-B-Q Sticks, the little hidden gem around the corner. Also, near Pete's & Bar-B-Q Sticks is a cigar bar, if you're into that
Happy Bachelor Partying and welcome to Jacksonville!!!!!!!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 11:44:47 AM »
I endorse both Pete's and BBQ sticks.  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

exnewsman

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 11:04:24 AM »
If you're staying at the beach.. I suggest using Beachside Buggies to get around. They have several 8-10 passenger carts and vans. Its free (except for tipping your driver). and available everyday. They have a phone app and service all three beaches communities (Jax, Neptune and Atlantic). The drivers are also good with suggestions on where to go and the best places to do this or that.

JaGoaT

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Hamburgers marys