Author Topic: Downtown Subway closes, blames food trucks and art walk for failure  (Read 2430 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Downtown Subway closes, blames food trucks and art walk for failure
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 09:43:52 AM »
This doesn't make sense. If the issue is that the landlord didn't give them enough notice to renew their lease, then why isn't that the complaint? I don't understand why food trucks would be blamed if the landlord was the issue. It doesn't add up.
Blaming Art Walk also doesn't make sense. That's a one day a month event that's been going on for nearly 20 years. What does make sense is the building owner expanding their office into the Subway space despite interest from other restaurants. If food trucks were really draining the market, no one would be interested in opening there.

I thought he blamed food trucks AND art walk. That makes sense, logically (whether or not it's true) - the cumulative effect of both caused him to close. What doesn't make sense is to blame them both as some sort of smokescreen when the real issue is the landlord. Unless maybe he's afraid of his landlord or something.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
I've never been in a Subway that has what I would call a decent sandwich.  I haven't been in one in 10+ years.  If they offered a tasty sandwich at a fair price they will do well.  I don't know how these places stay in business.
Working a block away, I would stop in there from time to time, when I wanted something cheap and quick.  Last time, I noticed they had jacked their prices up. So I replaced them with Trent's Seafood....another brick and mortar.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 07:38:42 PM »
There's a Trent's downtown?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »
Yes. They are located inside of the BB&T building at Bay and Hogan. For some strange reason they have no signage or outdoor seating, which is why most don't know they've been open for months.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »
FREE JARED FOGLE

Snaketoz

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 07:55:42 AM »
No one ever said the building owner didn't provide them with proper notifications of their intentions to go in a different direction. Subway isn't the first restaurant in that building to not have their lease renewed.
Well it sounded that way to me LAKELANDER. Maybe I misconstrued what he said or just read it wrong. If I did, oh well, but still stick to my guns relative to the rest of my post. Carry on!
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »
No worries. I'm operating off inside information. Everything in the article isn't exactly how things played out in reality.

pierre

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
I'd rather eat McDonalds than Subway.

Their food is garbage.

Anti redneck

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
Not our fault that Subway's food is trash. Give me art work and decent food from a truck anyday.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »
Subway should bring back Jared and mix him with the Noid.  He could be this rascal rapscallion who steals your Subway, not to eat it (because he's skinny now!), but to use it to meet girls.  I don't  see any problems with this promotion.