Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to the Jacksonville Running Company in Tapestry Park?  (Read 844 times)

TimmyB

• T
When we were in town last week, I stopped by to pick up a shirt or two.  Doors locked, store almost completely cleaned out (a stray manikin or two).  No sign on the window saying "Out of business" or "We've moved" or anything.  Simply gone.  Even stranger, their website is still active, as though they were still there.  They had been around for most of a decade, I believe, and I was quite surprised by this.

Other than the obvious answer ("They went out of business!"), does anyone know any of the inside information?

Captain Zissou

The owner pursued other interests and opted to close rather than shut down the store.  I believe all other locations closed too.

Adam White

• Facebook
The owner pursued other interests and opted to close rather than shut down the store.  I believe all other locations closed too.

Honest question: what's the difference between closing and shutting down?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

TimmyB

• T

I was not aware that they had other locations.  I did notice that 1st Place Sports is down to only 3 locations, and I'm pretty sure they had at least five, at one point.  Must be tough for these brick-and-mortar stores in the running world, as well.

Captain Zissou

Honest question: what's the difference between closing and shutting down?
Oh sorry.  I meant close rather than sell.

Captain Zissou

I was not aware that they had other locations.  I did notice that 1st Place Sports is down to only 3 locations, and I'm pretty sure they had at least five, at one point.  Must be tough for these brick-and-mortar stores in the running world, as well.

Jax Running Co had a store in St Johns county and in St Pete.  St Pete Running Co is still updating their facebook page, so I guess the store either stayed open or sold to new ownership.

I know that at least 4 1st place sports stores are still in business.  St Augustine was very recently opened, so I assume that it still is.  Orange Park may be open, but I can't say with certainty that it is or isn't.

To my knowledge, the 1st place sports brand is still doing fine.

TimmyB

• T

Jax Running Co had a store in St Johns county and in St Pete.  St Pete Running Co is still updating their facebook page, so I guess the store either stayed open or sold to new ownership.

I know that at least 4 1st place sports stores are still in business.  St Augustine was very recently opened, so I assume that it still is.  Orange Park may be open, but I can't say with certainty that it is or isn't.

To my knowledge, the 1st place sports brand is still doing fine.

Thanks for the info!