Author Topic: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!  (Read 759 times)

sanmarcomatt

Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
We love our weekend getaways at One Ocean and hit Southern Grounds hard while we are there. The San Marco coffee options are getting out of control......and I think I like it!

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/photo-gallery/southern-grounds-coffee-shop-planning-move-into-san-marco

remc86007

Re: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:29 AM »
Maybe people will finally wake up and smell the (better) coffee and stop spending a not immaterial portion of their income on Starbucks?

Speaking of new coffee shops, has anyone tried Coniferous downtown on Monroe St across from the library?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:54:46 PM »
Awesome! I mean that very genuinely, but I guess that also means there's little hope for the coffee shop announced at the Laundry Station on San Marco Blvd almost a year ago. We've got Starbucks, Bold Bean, Good Dough Donuts, Panera and now this place all concentrated on the central/Eastern side of San Marco.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
I don't believe it will have a major impact. The San Marco Boulevard site is right down the street from all the major capital improvements and infill by Baptist Health.  Short of a bust in the economy, there should be enough people around to consume the extra caffeine.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali