Author Topic: Crispy's opening soon on Main Street in Springfield  (Read 3194 times)

remc86007

Re: Crispy's opening soon on Main Street in Springfield
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 01:25:19 PM »
^ I hope there is some clarity on this in the next couple days, although perhaps having a bunch of unannounced soft openings is a good way to get things working smoothly without blowing first impressions of less aware potential customers. I hope they also solidify their website/social media presence. Their website still links to their indiegogo campaign.

remc86007

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 08:23:47 PM »
I went again tonight. It was just as good as before. The owner told me the 1933 salad is based on the 1905 salad at the Columbia Restaurant (and it tastes even better). Go check it out!

Jomar

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
My wife and I went last night and loved it!  Great vibe, excellent service, and John, the owner, was working the bar and chatting with customers.  I'd say downstairs was about 75% full for most of the time we were there.

We had the 1933 salad (good on its own, amazing with lemon juice added), chicken pesto panini (delicious although not necessarily unique), and the Silver pizza (all the pizzas are named after SPR streets), which was by far our favorite thing we ate.

Our server confirmed that the grand opening is this Friday (8/18).  She also said the owner of Hyperion came over earlier in the day to chat with Crispens and indicated that Hyperion would likely stop relying on food trucks and start sending their customers across the street for food since Crispy's will be open until midnight on week nights and 2 am on weekends.  Super excited to have a solid late night food option in Springfield!

remc86007

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
^ That's great news, except I hope Hyperion keeps having Eddis and Sons around on the weekends. I'd like it if they went back to having the food truck behind the brewery, although I understand the visibility issue combined with the FL heat probably wasn't a good combination for that.

02roadking

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
I believe....Closed today to prepare for the weekend. Will have the Jag game on Thursday and will open for lunch this Friday and then have the 5PM ribbon cutting and Grand Opening Festivities on Friday.
Springfield since 1998

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
although I understand the visibility issue combined with the FL heat probably wasn't a good combination for that.

It's also illegal to be operating on City ROW.

remc86007

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:12 PM »
^ Oh, that makes sense. It looked like there was room next to the patio for a truck to park so that it wasn't in the alley, perhaps that would be a solution? Maybe I'm misremembering though.

MusicMan

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 08:31:00 AM »
I went last Friday night. It was very good. Had pizza, meatballs, wings, garlic knots, hummus (several people sharing) plus beer.

The place is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE addition to Main Street and Springfield in general. If you live in the vicinity THEN GO!

You want to see Springfield and Main Street take off? THEN GO.  Unlike so many start ups Crispy DID NOT UNDERSTAFF THIS PLACE!!!!

He had a full staff on hand to take care of his customers.

Crispy is there, he will listen to constructive criticism.  You cannot expect others to follow his lead if you are going to (leave Springfield and) drive across town to patronize other establishments. I live in San Marco but wanted to sample the food and support the business. I will go again. It's a cool space and he has put his money where his heart is.

BRAVO!