Author Topic: Crispy's opening soon on Main Street in Springfield  (Read 3169 times)

remc86007

Re: Crispy's opening soon on Main Street in Springfield
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »
I overheard some people talking at Hyperion tonight that one of the delays in opening Crispy's is the lack of an approved place to put a dumpster. Sounds like something that should be relatively easy to resolve. Anybody know anything about this? I wonder if these kind of issues are part of the reason Main Street has taken this long to recover.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:50:23 AM »
I overheard some people talking at Hyperion tonight that one of the delays in opening Crispy's is the lack of an approved place to put a dumpster. Sounds like something that should be relatively easy to resolve. Anybody know anything about this? I wonder if these kind of issues are part of the reason Main Street has taken this long to recover.

Assuming there is an appropriate space. But that's maybe the problem with wanting to open a restaurant in a former pawn shop. The idea might be good, but maybe there are issues with the location.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Bill Hoff

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
Here's the draft food menu:

"Apps
Stuffed meatballs: classic 3 meat meatballs stuffed with house made ricotta; garnished with crushed red pepper and shaved parmesan. Choice of Crisp’s marinara or creole alfredo.
Loaded wedges: roasted potatoes, crispy apple wood smoked bacon, 3 cheese blend (blue, cheddar, parmesan), caramelized onion, chopped tomato and house made ranch
Hummus platter: Crispy’s famous roasted red pepper and garlic hummus, served with house made flat bread and Mediterranean olive mix.
Mezze platter: hummus, giardiniera, olive mix, pesto, pepperoncini peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, and house ricotta. Served with flat bread
Twisted stix: pepperoni or cheese twisted bread sticks, served with choice of ranch, marinara or Crispy’s creole alfredo 

Salads
Crispy’s classic house: spinach, romaine, arugula, pizza crust croutons, crispy bacon, red onion, cheddar cheese, and chopped tomato. Choice dressing.
Greek Caesar: hearts of romaine, pizza crust croutons, crumbled feta, Mediterranean olive mix, and giardiniera tossed in Crispy’s Greek Caesar. Anchovies upon request.
Antipasto: Mixed greens, penne pasta, mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, basil, sundried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, roasted red peppers, provolone, soppressata and Italian ham. Served with aged balsamic vinaigrette
1933: romaine, chopped tomatoes, swiss cheese, Italian ham, Mediterranean olive mix, and shaved parmesan. Tossed with Crispy’s famous 1933 house vinaigrette

Dressings: all scratch made in house; ranch, buttermilk blue cheese, aged balsamic, Greek Caesar, 1933 house vinaigrette, 1000 island

Paninis- served with pasta salad, slaw, garden salad or Greek Caesar
Crispy’s cluckin good bird: sliced chicken, Applewood smoked bacon, swiss, sliced tomato and Crispy’s famous hummus
Italy’s heart: Italian ham, soppressata, house made mozz, spinach, sundried tomato, red onion, roasted red peppers and 1933 house vinaigrette
Turkey pesto: Fresh roasted turkey, arugula, basil pesto, smoked provolone, garlic aioli and caramelized onion
Garden Veggie: mushrooms, marinated artichokes, spinach, roasted red peppers, crumbled feta Mediterranean olive mix, Crispy’s famous hummus and aged balsamic vinaigrette

Crispy’s Grinders- served with pasta salad, slaw, garden salad or Greek Caesar
Best Damn Meatballs: ricotta stuffed meatballs, house marinara, smoked provolone and pepperoncini peppers.
Nonna’s love: hand crafted Italian sausage, sautéed peppers and onions, homemade mozz and pesto. Marinara on the side for dipping.
Italian beef: House roasted Chicago style Italian beef and giardiniera, dipped in slow roasted beef au jus
Buffalo chix: sliced chicken, 3 cheese blend (cheddar, blue and parm) caramelized onion, spinach, buffalo sauce, garlic aioli and chopped tomato
New yorker: shaved pastrami, smoked provolone, slaw and tomato

Crispy’s favorite combo pizzas; 10” or 16”
Mediterranean- roasted red peppers, spinach, Mediterranean olive mix, crumbled feta, sundried tomatoes, crispy’s famous hummus and arugula. Drizzled with aged balsamic reduction.
Colazione pie- crispy bacon, Italian sausage, cheddar, runny eggs, arugula and spinach
Great white shark- chicken, creole alfredo, caramelized onion, marinated artichoke hearts, fresh mozz and parm
Old school- pepperoni, sausage, fresh mozz, diced tomato, red onion, sliced bell pepper, fresh basil and red sauce
Bbq clucker- house made kc style bbq, chicken, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, red onion, bacon and smoked provolone
Formaggio- fresh mozz, fresh ricotta, smoked provolone, fetta, fresh basil, and red sauce
Nonna’s lasagna- house made ricotta, Italian sausage, sliced meatballs, fresh basil, diced tomato, fresh mozz and Italian oregano
Meatatarian- all the meats, fresh mozz, red sauce
Chicken giardiniera- slow roasted chicken, spicy giardiniera, fresh mozz, smoked provolone, pepperoncini peppers and sundried tomatoes. Garnished with arugula, shaved parm and aged balsamic reduction
Don’t be a Jerk- jerk chicken, creole alfredo, smoked provolone, caramelized onion, jalapenos and spinach
Vegetarian- spinach, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green peppers, caramelized onion, mushrooms, fresh mozz, and parm. Garished with fresh arugula, olive oil and aged balsamic reduction

Build your own pizza/ grinder
Sauces: marinara, pesto, creole alfredo, red pepper and garlic hummus, garlic aioli, aged balsamic reduction, kc style bbq
Cheeses: smoked provolone, fresh mozz, house made ricotta, cheddar, blue, fetta, shaved parm
Meats: stuffed meatballs, pepperoni, chicken, turkey, Italian sausage, ham, shaved pastrami, soppressata, crispy bacon, Italian roast beef
Veggies: marinated artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, Mediterranean olive mix, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, green bell peppers, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, red onions, basil, pepperoncini peppers, spinach, arugula, giardiniera".

MusicMan

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
If he can pull all that off with consistency he'll have a winner.

Do they deliver?

remc86007

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »
Went to the soft opening tonight. It was incredible. The food was fantastic. The 1933 salad is amazing. It tastes like an improved version of the Columbia Restaurant's 1905 salad. The pizza was excellent too. The beer selection includes most of the local staples and the prices are very reasonable. My J'ville lager was $4.50. The service was surprisingly competent for a soft opening. The restaurant is beautiful. There was a 40th birthday party happening on the second level and the noise was sufficiently isolated between the party and the general seating. There were maybe 130-150 people there when we were there and the food still came out in a reasonable time.

I don't think it can be overstated how significant this restaurant is for Springfield. Go check it out! This looks like a winner.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 06:54:43 AM »
Went to the soft opening tonight. It was incredible. The food was fantastic. The 1933 salad is amazing. It tastes like an improved version of the Columbia Restaurant's 1905 salad. The pizza was excellent too. The beer selection includes most of the local staples and the prices are very reasonable. My J'ville lager was $4.50. The service was surprisingly competent for a soft opening. The restaurant is beautiful. There was a 40th birthday party happening on the second level and the noise was sufficiently isolated between the party and the general seating. There were maybe 130-150 people there when we were there and the food still came out in a reasonable time.

I don't think it can be overstated how significant this restaurant is for Springfield. Go check it out! This looks like a winner.
I was probably there the same time as you and I concur with everything!
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
Photos please!!!!!!!!!

remc86007

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Only picture I took. It was taken when we first arrived (around 5:45 I think). By the time we left, only one table was open.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
Looks awesome

billy

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
Glenn?!!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »
Lol... yep... was sitting at the bar...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

billy

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »
Where have you gone? A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you-*

*apologies to Paul Simon

Jagsdrew

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:55 AM »
When is the grand opening? Has a date been set yet?
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
I could be wrong but I heard this Friday.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali